Hello Friends,
Sharing a card I made for the Rediscovery hop on IG using hidden supplies. The theme this month was Summer Fun. I love the beach and collecting pretty shells. So I pulled out the shell stencil I last used in 2016 to make this card.
Products used:
#rangerdistressink (Sand- Antique Linen, Vintage Photo & Sky- Speckled Egg, Faded Jeans), #catherinepoolerinks (for shells) #dreamweaverstencil-retd., #firecrackerdesigns-retd. (bird stamp), #thecraftsmeow-retd. (sentiment stamp)
After stencilling and fussy cutting three complete shells, ink-blending was done on a panel of watercolor paper. This was followed by pouncing with ink using a stencil brush for a coarse sand texture. On another panel, ink-smooshing was done with my NB smoosher to depict the sea, then torn diagonally to represent seafoam. As I wasn't satisfied with just the sand & sea, ink-blending was done for the sky, followed by ink-lifting with a waterbrush for clouds. As the shells seemed too large for the scene, tiny wavy slits were cut into the sand panel to partially cover the shells. The panels were adhered to the card base and finished off with stamped seagulls and sentiment.
Challenges entered:
#timeout - inspired by 'Summer of 69' by Bryan Adams
#outlawz - rhyme - trip to the ocean, summer fun
#stencilfun - stencillled shells
#neglectedstuff - stencil used after 9 yrs
Have a great day.
Leanne
5 comments:
A fabulous card Leanne - love how you partially 'hid' the shells to get your proportions right. Your clouds are gorgeous - I must remember that technique
Blessings
Maxine
Very creative ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Neglected Stuff & Stencil Fun challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
NEGLECTED STUFF CHALLENGE
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
Gorgeous beach scene Leanne! So happy you were inspired by your favourite song (I love Summer of '69 too) and played along with us this fortnight at Time Out Challenges! Hope you'll join us again soon!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!
Wow!!! Your card is awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our SUNDAY SONGS AND RHYMES challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
Great interpretation of our challenge!! Thanks for sharing with Outlawz Songs and Rhymes Challenge!
Post a Comment