"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Glitter Stencilling

Hello friends,

I'm sharing this card I made for the IG Hop 'Stencil Fun' with the optional theme of butterflies. I pulled out this old metal stencil to play with glitter. It took a couple of hours & was a messy affair, but I was satisfied with the end result. 





Products used:
#dreamweaver (stencil), glitter, sticker paper, #tayloredexpressions (die for edges) & #SRM (sticker sentiment)

A sticker paper panel, the same size as the stencil, was glued to a slightly wider piece of cardstock. The stencil was placed over it after removing the release paper. Since multiple colours of glitter were used, the image was masked in sections and burnished with the release paper. I started with the leaves and stems, followed by the flower clusters and butterflies, using two shades of orange and then black. The stencil was gently peeled off, and white glitter was applied over the entire panel and burnished. The edges were die cut for the dotted impression, trimmed and adhered to the card base. A sticker sentiment completed the long process. 

Challenges entered:
#paperfunday - anything goes
#wordartwednesday - anything goes
#ssswednesday - add some texture
#polkadoodles - anything goes
#pinkgem - anything goes
#artnudge - inspired by colors
#tripleB - butterflies
#NBUS - stencil which I had since 2015

Have a beautiful Sunday.
Leanne   

No comments: