"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

I'm back to celebrate STAMPlorations 5th Birthday

Hello friends!

    How are you all. It's been a long time since my last post. Never meant to be away so long, but things took a bad turn here with my SIL's hospitalization, death, guests and frequent backaches. My crafting space was a complete mess, I was in no mood to clear it and as I'm the type who likes to work in a neat and clean area, no cards were made, but I have been trying out hand lettering and watercoloring and posting on Instagram.

    This year when I saw the STAMPlorations birthday graphic, I decided to be part of the celebration at least by commenting on their daily posts. As I kept commenting each day, I was getting inspired to craft. Just two days ago I took the leap to make a card, then could not find my black ink pad, I started searching and simultaneously putting thing in order. As my desk got tidied and cleant I felt like making another card and ended up making two more. Yesterday, I got carried away and made six. So I have a total of  ten cards to share with you but they will all be posted individually as per rule. Here's my first card CASEing the STAMPlorations owner Shery Russ inspired by Black and White.
After stamping the Stampin' Up-Swallowtail, the butterfly was masked and Inkadikado-foilage trails were stamped. As parts of the butterfly stamped lighter, the details were filled in with Letraset 0.1-drawing pen, then colored with a grey Prismacolor pencil in the darker areas. A few watercolor splatters were added and finished off with a sentiment from Taylored Expressions-embrace beauty.
Entering this card into challenges at...
https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge - anything goes
Will be posting 9 more cards today. Have a great weekend.
Leanne

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

It's wonderful to see you back creating and blogging Leanne - life does have a way of sidelining us at times!! This is stunning, a fabulous and elegant creation
Blessings
Maxine

MariLynn said...

Beautiful butterfly case of Shery's card. I am so sorry for all the problems that have been keeping you from crafting. Praying that God will heal the hurt in your heart from the loss of your SIL and that your backaches will get better. Blessings.Thanks for helping STAMPlorations celebrate 5 years.

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I'm so glad you are feeling up to crafting again! So sorry for your loss! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Butterflies’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been away from stamping, but glad that you're back- and stamping with our Paper Craft Crew challenge! I love the large butterfly - a beautiful image. Thanks for playing along with our challenge - hope to see you again soon! ~Deborah, DT

Lin said...

This is a great design, Leanne, and I'm glad to hear that you're back making cards again. Hopefully it will be a help in getting back to "normal".......I've found that to be the case. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! Your card is quietly, delicately stunning! The butterfly and foliage trails make for a beautiful combination. I'm sorry to hear of the unfortunate events that have kept you away from stamping. I can't work in a messy room, either, and find a good tidying and some blog visiting is the best way to get going again. It's good that you're back in your happy place. Thank you for sharing with us at Double D.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a pretty card! Lovely image and so elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design and perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Heather said...

Simple and utterly gorgeous!!! Perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is a beautiful card! I am sorry to see this months later. So sorry for your loss!