"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

I’ve been quilling……

Hi!
      I hope all is well with my crafty friends. My 14yr old son, returned sick from school yesterday, unable to retain anything in his stomach and was all drained out. So, I was kept busy trying to get him up and about as he had to go back to school in the evening for the dress rehearsal of Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’ the school is staging for the next two days and he is the cast member. The headmistress was kind to permit him to be there just in time for his act and leave soon after and he just managed. He’s much better today and should be fine tomorrow. 
      I’m here today, to share my fourth quilled card. Although I’d purchased a quilling tool and strips from India 5 yrs ago, I never bothered to give it a try. I was inspired to quill after I came across the first quilling blog DAYDREAMS. And came up with this butterfly, then spiral quilled roses and a flower. I had trouble with the Indian quilling tool, so I asked my SIL in UK to send me one and she sent me the set by 'Quilled Creations'. These are great to work with and I now enjoy quilling. To try my new tool, I simply quilled a flower, then a butterfly and many more flowers. After I found the challenge at “Take a Quill Pill”, I quilled the second butterfly and made this card.


I used handmade flower petal paper for the base and added paper strips around the border. The computer generated sentiment was dabbed with a moistened tea bag to match the colors on the background, then, hand embossed the two hearts on it with my improvised tools (heart shaped paper clip and pen) and colored with a felt tip pen. I’ll be back here very soon with another quilled card.   Till then, take care.


I’m entering this card into the following challenges:
Take a Quill Pill – Valentine
..Wee Memories..- Source of Inspiration (DAYDREAMS blog) 
 Challenge up your life – Monochrome
Color Throwdown – saffron/ tangerine tango/ chocolate chip 
Crafty Creations Challenges - In my garden lives…(butterflies in love)
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Coffee & Cream
Paper Crafting Journey – Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Prairie Fairy Fridays - Inspired by a song (By Lionel Ritchie & Diana Ross)

22 comments:

Poppet said...

A beautifully elegant card Leanne, your quilled butterflies look fantastic and the sentiment is fab.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at the Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Angel said...

GORGEOUS AND FANTASTIC.
I LIKE THE IDEA OF USING MOISTENED TEA BAG INSTEAD OF DISTRESS INK.CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK IN THE CHALLENGE

Linda Wescott said...

Beautiful card, love your handmade petal paper. Your quilled butterflies are just lovely....well done improvising...where there's a will there's a way eh. Hugs lin

Linda . J said...

Love your card Leanne, fantastic quilling and lovely colours, perfect.
Hugs Linda

melsanford said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful. Very effective :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Mrs A. said...

Blogging and bloggers never cease to amaze me. First my daughter gives me a tip on shrink plastic and now I find you using wet teadbags for distressing. I'd have never thought of that. My daughter did some quiliing when she was about 12 and got on quite well with it but never carried on with doing it, not tried myself either. Your butterflies are lovely.
Hugs Mrs A.

Cor* said...

This is fabulous! Any creation is perfect for the Fairy Fun Friday Challenge. An altered item, a scrapbook page, a tag.........anything. Stamp or not! You can totally enter this into our Fairy Fun Friday challenge of inspired by a song!

Unknown said...

Your quilling is wonderful! Love it!
Monica
http://giddygreetings.com

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow very pretty love quilled butterflies!!! thanks for playing along with us at Wee memories!!!

SUGANTHI said...

Leanne! What an elegant card! and how sweet of you to say my blog inspired you .I just love the colours you have used on this card.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous! I really like that you improvised with the tea. There you go being innovative on us ;>)

Sudha said...

wow beautiful.

Anonymous said...

These butterflies look great! You should do that tecnique more often, it is beautiful!

Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
Marianne

Chris (catt871) said...

This is so pretty!!! I love the quilled butterflies!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!
Chris

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!

suzARTe said...

hi Leanne,
I just love this card, you have done an amazing job with the quilling. There is a lovely lady who has showed me how to quill many times but I still haven't made a card with actual quilling,plan to get around to it soon. Hope your son is better and you have also directed me to some challenges I want to take part in.

Reneé Matarese said...

This is very pretty. You did a wonderful job with the quilling. The sentiment is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you again soon.
~Renee
PTT DT

Nancy said...

A beautiful creation...so sorry your son is sick!! The quilling is great! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the quilled butterflies!! Thanks for joining us at Prairie Fairy Fun Fridays!

Kendra

Erum Tasneem said...

oh i love this!!!

Lori Aragon said...

This is so GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for playing along with us for our Inspired by a Song Challenge at Fairy Fun Fridays. I love Endless Love ♥ Great choice :)
Love n hugs,
Lori

Lori Comeau said...

That's a very pretty card. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I plan on doing a lot of quilling when I go on vacation, that should give me some more practice.

http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com