"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Happy Birthday Sis!!

Hi!  
       Thanks to you all for your much appreciated comments and good wishes after my last post. Feb. has been good so far. My BIL was here from Canada with loads of chocolates (I was about to mention the variety, but on second thought decided not to ;) ) My SIL also sent me some rub-on stickers and a clear alphabet stamp, which I can now use to print the sentiments. It’s my first clear stamp and I love it. Only problem, the stamp pad available here will surely stain it. Can those of you who stamp kindly suggest which make I should use? Perhaps, I could ask a friend coming from the US this weekend to get it for me. That reminds me; I won a giveaway from Amy Jo in the US, which he’s bringing along as I’ll never receive it directly by mail here. Hmm! The last bit of news is that my birthday was on 17th. A busy day answering phone calls, but, I had my treat on 16th being a public holiday here.
      Today, I’m here to wish my sis on her 60th birthday. Now, don’t think we’re close in age. She’s the second and I’m the fourth, last and years….apart. This reminds me of a doctor I worked with, teasing me as ‘the last drop’ lol. So, here’s my card. Take a look and try to guess what it’s made of before you proceed.



Not guessed yet?? I mentioned about chocolates… 
I used four chocolate wrappers for the base of the card. We had these sometime ago. They were Malaysian made, with an awful taste, but, a beautiful wrapper. I meant to conceal the line joining the papers with the black ribbon, but, this morning I realized I didn’t do so. That’s the result of not completing it in daylight and wearing my old glasses which have a lower power as I find them more comfortable. I hope you don’t find the fault. 
Anyway it’s only for my sis.
The flower petals were individually cut out from a ‘Lindt’ chocolate pralines tray. I mounted eight petals on foam tape for the first layer, eight for the second, then, four for the third and fourth. In all 24 petals and reduced in size for each layer. A red rhinestone was used for the centre. The flourishes, leaves and ‘60’ were drawn and cut out from gold paper. The flourish appears very much like the letter ‘L’ and incidentally my sister’s name is Loretta. 
      My source of inspiration for this card (flower) is my mother. Mum’s been teaching flower making for the past six decades, and always had the habit of collecting and making flowers with all sorts of stuff. I don’t think she’d made one from a chocolate tray, so I’m very happy I made a flower embellishment she’d not done before.

I’m entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Make your own Embellishment
The Res-Q-Challenge - Make with something that makes you Happy
..Wee Memories..- Source of Inspiration
Quirky Crafts Challenges - Recycled Romance

24 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Goreous card Leanne :-) I am sure your sister will love this :-)

as for staining clear stamps ,,, as long as they work ,, does it matter ?? just stamp and enjoy :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Spyder said...

Leanne your card is gorgeous and definitely going along with the Quirky Crafts Challenge to use something recyced! I know it says recycled 'Romance', but what could be more romantic than sweet papers and roses!
(Lyn)

Spyder said...

Thank you so much for joining Quirky Crafts Leanne, just to let you know, don't forget to pop back on Friday/Saturday to vote for your top three favourites and asked your blogging buddies to vote for you too!
((Lyn))

Anonymous said...

Love the flower!
Certainly a worthy entry for the quirky crafts challenge

Diane said...

Love the flower!
Certainly a worthy entry for the quirky crafts challenge

AmyJRockstar said...

Hey Sweetie,

I have misplaced your mailing address! Please send to amyjrockstar at gmail dot com so I can finally get the blog candy you won out to you. Sorry it took so long!
XO ~ Amy Jo (new follower)
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Smita said...

OMG you are soooo creative with the recycling!! i couldn't guess what it was :D

Embossing powder is now available at the Hobby Ideas stores across the country. No heat gun though :( I used the toaster method to emboss.

Hugs
Smita

Michelle said...

Hi Leanne

Beautiful card, your sister will be thrilled to receive it.

I have an award for you over on my blog.

Michelle :-)

Jacque said...

Oh Leanne....how creative you are and it turned out so beautiful!! Thank you so much for visiting me and for pointing me in this direction!!! Hugs..Jacque

Helen said...

Hi Leanne,

Beautiful card. I love the flower and the flourish! What a great recycle too.

Dawnll said...

Love this recycled idea!
How fun even if the candy wasn't spectacular...lol
I don't worry about staining on my stamps at all, shows me that I use them, if there is no staining means I haven't used them yet!
Thanks for sharing

Autumn Mist said...

What a lovely blog, I will drop by often. Come over and say hello when you get time, the kettle is always on!

Mina said...

wow Leanne what a brilliant idea to use the wrappers, fab card...as for the stamps it dosent matter if it stains them, mine are all stained they still work fine...also if they stop clinging to the acrylic block give them a wash in lukewarm water and soap and dry thoroughly they will be clingy again after
Mina xxx

yyam said...

W00t on the upcycling gal! :) Just gorgeous work!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like the flower and the swirls, your sister will love it.
Kevin xx

SUGANTHI said...

Way to go ! Leanne , love your creativity and your card looks lovely.

Angel said...

wow .fabulous card .this is a superb idea .thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments.i am a south indian since we are from the border of kerala. we do understand malayalam and my mother tongue is tamil.i would like to keep in touch with you .i love to use recycled materials in my card of course they are inexpensive.
see you later.have a great day.

Naturally Me Creations said...

It's a beautiful card, i love it! That flower is just lovely too! :)

Nancy in Iowa said...

What a delightful card. Good enough to 'eat'. YUM. Does it have a wonderul lingering chocolatey smell? Thanks for the inspiration to repurpose.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Wow! Creativity at it's greatest. As for stamp pads - most do stain the clear stamps. I find cleaning right away helps.

Erum Tasneem said...

truly gorgeous. love the bloom

Ann said...

Very pretty! The flower is perfect and I love the reuse of chocolate wrappers.

AmyJRockstar said...

Yay! I hope you enjoyed the goodies. Let me know!

XO ~ Amy Jo
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

Jessica Buffa said...

super pretty! So awesome to carry on your Mum's tradition in this design and to ingeniously come up with a new idea while doing so!
:O)
Jessica