"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

To Mother with love

Hi!
      I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I’ve been  quilling again and made this square easel card with quilled flowers for mum on her 83rd birthday.

This is my first attempt at quilled folded roses and daisies. Other than straining my eyes to cut the fringe very fine for the daisies, I enjoyed making them all. I wanted a basket of flowers for mum and came up with this version. I used thin strips in two shades of brown to weave it, then mounted it on 3D foam for dimension. As it still looked quite flat, I added a semi-circular piece of card paper to the base. I didn’t feel like quilling the leaves, so I added punched ferns instead. The base of the card is textured handmade paper which feels like wafer. The sentiment is printed and dabbed with a moistened tea bag to blend with the base.
Here’s the bottom and side view of the basket…
Finally, here's a close up of the basket of flowers.


I’m entering this into the following challenges:
Party Time Tuesdays – Anything Goes
Scrap-Creations – Birthday
SweetStamps BLOG – Flowers
A Spoon Full of Sugar – Birthday Wishes
Creative Craft World  - Use a Square
Card Makin Mamas - Birthday
crafts 4 eternity – Easel Card
Stampin' B's Design Team – Use Flowers
PaperCrafting Journey - Anything Goes
The Res-Q-Challenge – Use Squares
allsorts challenge blog – Make your own Flowers
Lexi's Creations - Flowers
Woodware USA Clear Stamps - Anything Goes
Little Claire's Designs - Anything Goes

58 comments:

Patchi said...

Beautiful card - I'm sure the picture doesn't do it justice! I love the quilled flowers and the weaved basket! Thanks for joining PTT this week and we hope to see you again soon!

Patchi
PTT-DT

pinky said...

Amazing work, I just love your quilling. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
Pinky

MiniOwner said...

That's so pretty! Thank you for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

WOW! You really put a lot of work into this and it shows - fabulous! I love quilled flowers, your basket is adorable. Thank you for joining us at the SweetStamps.com blog challenge this week and good luck!

Beeceecreativity said...

beautiful card...
thanks for playing along with Party Time Tuesdays and hope to see you again next week... hugs Bev PTT DT

Carol S. said...

What an amazing card and made with love. Thank you for joining us at Little Claire for our first blog challenge. Hugs, Carol S. LCDT xx

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card! Great quilling!! I just love the flowers and basket! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!!

Kendra

StampingbugKerry said...

Oh wow! I'd love to learn how to make roses like that and make baskets like that too. So fun! Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. Good luck! Kerry

Mary C said...

This card is gorgeous! I love those 3D flowers and basket. It is a perfect B'Day card.Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

Davi said...

Very pretty 3d!! Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week.

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow! Your quilled roses are gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with us at WoodwareUSA!

SUGANTHI said...

The roses look great and another great idea for the basket:))Your mom will be so happy to get these roses from you.

melsanford said...

What a beautiful card! I love those flowers! Thankyou for joining our first challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Sudha said...

Adorable work dear.
Thanku for ur sweet comment on my blog dear.

kavitha said...

this s so beautiful.love the quilled roses:)

This N That said...

Wow! that is some detailed work! Thanks for sharing with Card Makin mamas!

Dorcas said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!
I’m so glad you could play along with us at Sentimental Sundays!

Angel said...

Gorgeous card .i like the way youve done the basket.Good luck in the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I've never tried quilling but you have made me seriously think about it. Thanks for joining our first challenge at Dream Valley. The only thing I would say is you have missed us off of your list of challenges, could you please link back to us. Thanks. xx

Choccy said...

Gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Card for Mom' Challenge. Good Luck !
Also thanks for playing at Creative Craft World for my use a square card challenge.
Choccy x

Fiona said...

wow great card...quilling is fab!! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges this week.

Fi

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing at OSAAT and Stampin with the Dragon this week.
Hugs Nataliya.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Amazing creation you have there, thanks for sharing!

hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/march-kit-preview-day.html

Tracey said...

Beautiful card!

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card!....

Thanks for making your own flowers this week for the Allsorts Challenge

Emma xxx

Hazel said...

Absolutely gorgeous - your mum will love it. Thank you for linking for my celebration blog candy. x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! the flowers are fabulous. Thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Your card is a work of art! I hope whoever receives it truly appreciates it! Thanks for playing with us at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog this week! Hope to see you back again soon!
Hugs,
Georgia

Joanne (jojot) said...

love the dimension of your design and fab use of the mulberry....thanks for playing with the Stampin B's

Fiona said...

Wow, this must have been so fiddly, I would not have had the patience. Great quilling and basket weaving. I'm sure your mum will be thrilled.

Paddington fan said...

Such a pretty card and great flowers! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our flower challenge, good luck, love Jacky x

michele said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs xx

Colleen said...

Beautiful card and beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog!

~Tammy~ said...

Wow, look at that fantastic work! Great job!!!

Mannayah said...

Loved your quilled flowers and the basket too .. thanks for sharing :)

gina g said...

Gorgeous card I love the colours and papers. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Suzanne :O ) said...

wow, this card is gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Woodware USA this week!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/march-kit-preview-day.html

Anonymous said...

Stunning card darling!! Your attention to detail is fantastic!
Thank You for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck in the draw too ;o))

Jayne said...

Just beautiful Leanne, awesome detail. Thanks for joining us last week at OSAAT....hope to see you again this week.

Erum Tasneem said...

pretty pretty!

Unknown said...

Omg this card is GORGEOUS. I love dimension and this is beautiful
Tthanks for the nice comment you left on my blog and I am now following you also
Hugs

Tristan's Time 4 Craftin' said...

your card is very nice! Thank you for visiting and following my blog. I am now following yours.

see ya
Tristan

Helen said...

OMG, this is so pretty! I did something similar like this but your are so pretty.

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a beautiful card & I am sure your Mum will be delighted with it x
I purchased some quilling dies from docrafts but not 100% happy with the finished thing!!
What do you use for yours?

Thanks for joining my blog candy & good luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Gill McCall said...

THis i a lovely card - you have a lot of patience for quilling !
thank you for playing along in my candy giveaway - good luck
http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com

Scrap´s Journey said...

Leanne, welcome to our Blog, and good luck on our giveaway.
Elaine

Katrin said...

Beautifully! What remarkable bouquet!

Amy Kolling said...

Your quilling is just fantastic!! Let's see some more!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Absolutely beautiful quilling!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Wow! For a first attempt at making the flowers you have created excellence! Beautiful! So many great creations since I was last to visit!

I hope this finds you and yoru family doing well. Wishing you a great weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

suzARTe said...

Beautiful carsd Leanne, all the effort was worth it.

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful. I'm glad I'm now a follower!

Cassie said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! What an amazing card! Thank you so much for linking it to Paper Issues! You are amazing! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Sandy Ang said...

Just wonderful. I love the basket with that woven pattern on the paper. And your quilled flowers are beautiful.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Leeanne. Stunning creation , not my style but I admire your attention to detail and the beautiful combination of colours . A joyful card . Love it . Thank you for following my blog and I hope that you find my simple cards interesting . Hugs Shirley-anne

jengd said...

Very pretty card! I'm sure it's amazing in person. I'm running a bit late but trying to finish popping through the Getting Cricky hop.