My mum teaches flower making and has taught scores of ladies over the past six decades. Recently, one of my sisters has learnt from her and helps her teach as she cannot manage much at 82. In the past, mum was always saddened by the fact that none of her four daughters bothered to learn from her. Fact is, mum was there to make them and we were interested in other crafts. Hence, the post title is addressed to her.
This is my first attempt at an easel card and roses. No templates were used to cut the card shape. Instead, I drew the scallops around a circle and cut it out. Rose colours convey different messages. Deep Pink (the best I could find) simply means "Thank You". Hence I chose this colour. The card is especially made to show our gratitude to someone. The spiral roses were made a few weeks ago. But, I delayed the project as I could not find a proper green paper for leaves. So, I painted the leaves in the end. The rose leaves are made as my mum does, with a serrated edge using scissors. Craft Punches were used for the ferns and daisies. As the first image was not very clear, I added another to proudly show off my roses. :D
Flowers – ABC Challenge
Flowers – Do More With Less
Give Thanks – Simon Says Stamp
Count Your Blessings - No Time to Stamp
Easel Card – Crazy for Challenges
Anything Goes – Meljen’s Designs
Anything Goes – Craftilicious Challenges
Glitter it Up - Southern Girls Challenge
Embellish It – One Stitch at a Time &


24 comments:
Hey this is cool....must show it to avozin....
What a beautiful bunch of roses! Great card - thanks for playing at Meljen's Design this week!
Melissa
Fabulous card - those flowers are beautiful - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week xx
Beautiful card and absolutely stunning roses!
Thanks so much for playing along this week in our Anything Goes challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot
Fabulous roses!!! beautiful card
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week would love to see you next week too
hugs
laney
Lovely flowers!! I like the doily too :)
Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!
-Sarah
What a wonderful tribute to your Mum I'm sure she will be over the moon.
Well done = must try myself as they are so effective.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon
Wow! Your handmade roses are gorgeous! What a fabulous easel card! :)
Thanks so much for playing along! :)
Gorgeous Roses! Thanks for playing the ABC F is for Flowers Challenge.
this is fab!! love the roses
thanks for joining in with us this week at OSAAT
Paula xx
What a beautiful easel card,the flowers look gorgeous, glad you joined us at Southern Girls challenge,Have a great weekend,Julie.x
Leanne , How I do love your work.Designing and creating every single thing on your work, its amazing.If you can't get a sharper picture while photographing , Take the picture from a distance and then crop it.Always use a tripod while photographing quilled work.
Your Mom taught you well. Beautifule roses.
Your roses are beautiful and what a wonderful way to let your Mum know that you made them.
Thanks for joining in my challenge over at Yvonne's blog.
Oh, how sweet! Your card is lovely - it comes from the heart and the flowers are perfect! Really nice work!
Gorgeous card, thanks for entering my candy, good luck. Joey.x
Wonderful card, beautiful roses.
luv
Debby
Hi Leanne
You are so clever, your easle card is beautiful.
Your Mum will be very proud of you and what you have created here.
Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.
Michelle :-)
Your cutting is just marvelous Leanne!! Lovely bunch of roses.
Hugs,
Smita
PS: My grandma was always upset none of her grandchildren learnt to embroider like her... By the time I was ready to sew on my cards, she passed away :-(
Hi,
Nice to meet a fellow Canadian :o) This is such a beautiful card. I luv the 3d roses.
xoxo,
Lori
Ohh your card is just gorgeous, very clever!:)
Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls:)
Hugz
Deb
Your easel card is beautiful!!
Thank you for visiting my blog!
Hello!
I love easel cards and yours is gorgeous! Beautiful roses!
Hugs,
Barbara Diane
I was browsing through your older collection and this one is such a beauty I had missed it in my earlier visits to your blog!
Post a Comment