"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

The Maple Trilogy

Hello friends,

Happy World Cardmaking Day! I'm back to share another card I made for the awesome Autumn Challenge at Lawn Fawn with some maple leaves. 




Products used:
woodgrain embossing folder (company unknown), #rangerdistress inks (for the background & leaves), #lawnfawn (stitched leaves), #ldrs (label die), gold acrylic paint (for spatters & leaf edges), #fiskars (sentiment stamp), #rangers embossing powder & archival ink (for sentiment) & #vervestamps (sequins)

For the background, the debossed side of the embossing folder was inked, then run through the Big Shot. This was followed by rubbing the ink pad over the embossed area. To half of the panel, strips of gold cardstock were added to the edges and adhered to the card base. For the leaves, a panel of watercolour paper was directly inked with various autumn colours, arranged closely together. It was then generously sprayed with water until the ink started to move and blend with the other colors. Once dry, multiple leaves were cut from the panel. I used only maple leaves here, which I spattered with gold paint and randomly around the leaf edges. The leaves were gently folded along the centre vein for dimension. The sentiment was heat embossed on a die-cut vellum label, but as my embossing powder seemed tarnished, I used archival ink to stamp over it. The leaves & sentiment label were adhered and finished off with sequins.
 
Challenges entered:
#lawnfaunatics - autumn
#wordartwednesday - anything goes
#diecutdivas - anything goes
#parkhopping - harvest festival at Dollywood
#timeout - spatter, metallic & season
#fourseasons - fall
#canuhandledpressure - embossing folder, tree bark &  leaves

Have a great WCMD weekend.
Leanne.

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Leanne - love all the texture and the vibrant colours.
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Love your design and those leaves are just perfect! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner

PS: I also took a peek at your other card with these gorgeous fall leaves. Please feel free to share it with us over on our Four Seasons Challenge where the theme right now is of course ... FALL. Both are gorgeous Fall cards!

Samantha Casey said...

Beautiful card! I love all of the layers and textures, it is perfect for fall! Thank you for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! -Samantha

Arlene said...

I love the deep brown of the wood panel and colors of those lovely leaves. Great design. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our October theme of "Anything Goes"

Carol said...

Great texture and colors for fall!! Your card reminds me of a wood railing with fall leaves on it from a nearby tree. Speaking of leaves, I really like your leaf die...which I severely lack in my stash. We really appreciate you playing along at Time Out. To be eligible for a prize or guest designer spot, we only allow 5 entries into challenges, including ours. Please play again!

Nancy said...

Beautiful! I love the colours of fall! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges