Hello friends,
I'm here to share a card I made for the awesome Autumn Challenge at Lawn Fawn. I love the color of autumn leaves and had fun making and arranging them onto a wreath against an old, sooty wall.
Products used:
embossed background panel, #lawnfawn dies (stitched leaves), #rangeroxideinks (for the background), #rangerdistressinks (for the leaves), gold acrylic paint (for splatters), #papertreyink (sentiment), jute & hemp cords.
The background was an embossed brick-like panel sent to me as RAK. It was bright orange in color, so I covered it with black soot distress oxide ink until no orange was seen. The repeated applications made the panel almost lose its embossed texture, causing it to appear old and sooty. For the leaves, a panel of watercolor paper was directly inked with different autumn colors, arranged closely together. It was then generously sprayed with water until the ink started to move and blend with the other colors. Once dry, multiple leaves were cut from the panel. Credit for this easy technique goes to Jeniffer McGuire. For the wreath, two shades of hemp and gold cord were plaited, then wound around jute cord and adhered to the edge of a die-cut ring. The leaves were arranged on one side, and the wreath was adhered to the card base. Then finished off by generously splattering gold paint, the plaited hemp bow and a die-cut sentiment (adhered with foam tape).
Challenges entered:
#lawnfaunatics - autumn
#wordartwednesday - anything goes
#diecutdivas - anything goes
#paperfunday - changing seasons
#parkhopping - harvest festival at Dollywood
#ssswednesday - anything goes
#timeout - spatter, metallic & season
Have a great Sunday.
Leanne.
7 comments:
Leanne, this is such a very cool card! You have captured the essence of autumn so well. I absolutely love those gold platters. And I love the background too. It really makes everything pop. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. we always appreciate you!
Fabulous design! I love all the textures and that dark background makes it so unique and elegant. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and Best of Luck in the Draw!
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Classic Design Challenge
This is so beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
I would never have thought of using a matt black background, but the entire image evokes mystery and a pull into the unknown. So glad you joined us at Die Cut DIvas’s challenge this month.
Such a beautiful and elegant thank you card ! - and Awesome take on our Awesome Autumn Challenge! I LOVE your leaves, the design and choice of colors! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and for playing along with us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! / Wishing You a beautiful Fall! Lots of Love, Karin
Your card is beautiful and very striking. I love the wonderful rich colours on your leaves that really pop on your dark background. A great take on our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge. :)
I just wanted to remind you that to win we have a limit of linking to 5 challenges including TO. So sorry as it is stunning!
Absolutely gorgeous! I love this design! Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out Challenge:)
Post a Comment