"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Paper Funday GD: Changing Seasons

Hello friends,

I'm excited to have the opportunity to be the Guest Designer at The Paper Funday Challenges. The August'25 #80 challenge is Anything Goes with the Optional Twist of Changing Seasons.
I made this card with die-cut fall leaves, which I had fun watercoloring. The gold shimmer on the card was difficult to capture in all the images.





Products used:
woodgrain embossing folder (company unknown), #lawnfawn (stitched leaves), #vervestamps (die for green fronds), #ldrs (label die), #fiskars (sentiment stamp), #rangerdistress inks (for the background), pan watercolors & watercolor pencils (for leaves), gold acrylic paint (for splatters) & sequins 

For the background, the debossed side of the embossing folder was inked, then run through the Big Shot. This was followed by rubbing the ink pad over the embossed area and adhering it to the card base after inking its edges. The leaves were individually painted with watercolors, colored with watercolor pencils for vibrancy, then arranged along a diagonal and splattered with gold paint. The stamped and die-cut label was lightly inked around the edges, then adhered with double-sided foam tape and finished off with sequins.   

Challenges entered:
#wordartwednesday - anything goes
#colorfuloptions - anything goes
#diecutdivas - anything goes
#parkhopping - harvest festival at Dollywood
#doubleD - inspired by the song 'Autumn Leaves' by Nat King Cole
#fourseasons - fall

Visit The Paper Funday Challenges, where the challenge is Always 'Anything Goes with an Optional Twist.' Check out the DT inspiration and join the fun.

Have a great day.
Leanne.

12 comments:

Barb Finnical said...

Beautiful autumn card, Leanne! I love the leaves and how you watercolored them. They look great on that wood grain background. The gold and sequins make it look extra special. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday! :)

Donna Walls said...

This is such an amazing Autumn themed card. I love all the textures and colors. Thanks for joining us as a Guest Designer at The Paper Funday Challenge! Happy Fall!
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

kiwimeskreations said...

This is amazing Leanne - a beautiful card exquisitely made - so much texture and subtle colour
Blessings
Maxine

Diane said...

Very beautiful, surely is full of fall goodness!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Darlene said...

Oh Leanne this is just GORGEOUS! Love that awesome wood grain background with your beautiful Fall leaves! Simply perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner
Four Seasons Co-Owner

Wanda Cullen said...

Your gorgeous realistic leaves really pop against the woodgrain background! Such a beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at WAW!

Vicky Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leanne. Thank you for being Guest Designer for The Paper Funday Challenge this month.

Darlene said...

I just LOVE this fall card Leanne! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Double D Co-Owner

Barbara said...


A spectacular autumn card with your amazing leaves and that wood grain background. I am going to pin this for inspiration. Thanks for joining in the fun with your entry to Double D challenge.

Arlene said...

I can't get over those leaves. If I didn't know better, I would have thought you collected those leaves from your tree after a good Autumn day. Beautiful card. So glad you joined the challenge of Anything Goes at Die Cut Divas

Carrianne said...

This card is Gorgeous Leanne! I love the texture and layers!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, lovely arranging of the leaves!