Hello friends,
I recently posted this card, and the leftover pieces were used for the flower petals of this card, just because I didn't want to waste the pretty papers.
Eight petals were die-cut from the leftover pieces of paper to make this flower. As the flower would be lonely, I stencilled the leafy background for company and did some ink-lifting. The card base was inked around the edges, and the background adhered to it. The petals were curled at one end, the other end was adhered in the centre, and over-under layering was done (one side of the petal was tucked under and the other over). Finished the card with the die-cut stem, leaves and stamped sentiment.
12 comments:
Great idea ... beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Stencil Fun challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
Such a beautiful card made from your "leftovers"! Thanks so much for playing along with us at WAW!
What a wonderful card from your leftover snippets - that flower is stunning.
Have you thought to enter it in the 'snippets' challenge?
Blessings
Maxine
Ooops ... forgot to thank you for also sharing this beauty with us at our Triple B & Love Those Pretty Papers (although I don't see our LTPP blog linked back in your listing) challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner
Triple B Co-Owner
Beautiful and creative way to use your leftover pieces!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
So lovely, great way to use up the pretty pieces! Thanks for playing along our September challenge at Die Cut Divas.
Great job, Leanne! I love how you used the scraps from another project to create this. It looks great. I love the colors and textures too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We really appreciate you!
Very pretty, and inspiring to be creative with those extra pieces from other projects! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.
Gorgeous card and a great use of snippets of pretty patterned paper. We're delighted you've shared your sweet card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge, thanks so much.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Classic Design Challenge
Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Please remember, in order to be eligible for the prize draw, you must mention us and link back to our challenge in your post. Thanks!
Donna xx
The card is just wonderful and really brings out the pretty colors. So glad you joined the challenge of Anything Goes at Die Cut Divas
This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the use of that extra beautiful paper. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! I hope to see another great project at the next challenge.
Post a Comment