"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Drips, Splatters & Blooms

Hi friends, 

I looked for some inspiration on Pinterest inorder to play along with the Altenew challenge and a card by Therese Calvird where she used striped paper caught my eye, and I thought I'd try a paint drip background instead. Capturing the shimmer was again a difficult task.






Products used:
#altenew (Hawaiian Coral stamps & die) #ranger distress ink (tea dye & tattered rose for background colour) #catherinepooler inks, gold acrylic paint (drips & splatters) watercolour paper & sequins. 

Ink smooshing was done on the background using a mix of distress inks for the sand colour. This was followed by gold paint drips, which were made to flow naturally from the top edge and lots of gold splatters. Finished off with the stamped, die cut and fussy cut (to get rid of the white edge) blooms, a stamped sentiment and sequins. One flower was adhered with foam tape for dimension. 

Challenges entered:
#altenew - inspiration (image below)
#wordartwednesday - anything goes
#paperfunday - anything goes
#colorfuloptions - summer colours (orange, yellow, green, sand)

Have a great Sunday.
Leanne

6 comments:

Barb Finnical said...

Beautiful card Leanne! You've done a great job with the Altenew Challenge. It looks like a perfect match almost! And thanks so much for playing along with Word Art Wednesday too. We appreciate your participation and lovely cards!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really cool. I like the "dripping" color you've added. Very creative. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a blessed week, and please stop by again soon.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous outcome Leanne - a beautiful card! Love the organic look of the dribbled stripes, paired with the flowers.
Blessings
Maxine

Donna Walls said...

Those florals are gorgeous and I like the organic background, it really sets the flowers off. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon. Also, we would like to invite you to share at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge also!
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenges
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Classic Design Challenge

Melanie Hungerford said...

How unique and so shimmery and pretty! Love those bright florals, thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

Angelique Vuur said...

This looks so gorgeous! I really like those colors. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! I really hope to see another project from you next time. ❤️