"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

A Puffy Heart with Awareness Ribbon

Hi there!
   A happy Monday to you all. My card-making mojo is on again and I have been making cards over the weekend. There is a birthday challenge at Taylored Expressions and I decided to play along using the sketch below. This card is for my friend from college who is on treatment for the rare, Apocrine breast carcinoma. She's going through a rough time and I feel bad that this is all I can do for her from across the miles. 


Supplies used:
Papertrey Ink-Limitless layers-heart stitches dies
A Creative Journey-Awareness ribbon set#2
Taylored Expressions-Simply stamped-Peonies (sentiment)
1/8 inch wide satin ribbon
    After die cutting the heart on the card panel, the sentiment and the ribbons on the side were stamped. After die cutting the heart shape, it seemed slightly raised. In order to retain the raised effect, a thin sponge was cut into a smaller heart shape glued behind it. To keep with the sketch, ribbon was passed through the holes on either side of the heart and secured with double sided tape behind. After adhering the panel on the card base, a piece of ribbon was coloured with a copic marker to match the card base, folded into a loop and secured with double sided tape.
I'm entering this card into challenges at...

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge - anything goes
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - anything goes
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge - stamping
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk - anything goes card
Will be back with more soon.
Leanne

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Leanne - love the puffy effect of the heart, and that you kept it by using the sponge behind it. I know you would love to be closer for your friend, but prayer is very powerful!
Blessings
Maxine

Teresa Kline said...

super sweet card, fun design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so pretty, Leanne. I love the sentiment and the soft colors. Thank you so much for sharing in our challenge. I hope that you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fabulous card. Great design! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

suzARTe said...

This is such a lovely card, the use of all pink really makes accentuates the theme of cancer survival.
Thanks so much for sharing your creation at the

October 2018 Anything goes link-up at Just Keep On Creating.