This is the second card I made yesterday. I had brand new baby confetti dies from TE and wanted to make use of them. So I made a baby wrapped in swaddling cloth to go with the tiny dies. Quite happy with how it turned out and I hope you like it too.
Supplies used:
Taylored Expressions-Baby confetti dies
The Craft's Meow-Vintage rides (sentiment)
Dollarama (dp)
oval die (received as RAK)
wet wipe (for swaddling cloth)
The desiner papers were adhered to the card base, followed by the oval die cut. The baby's head was drawn on coloured paper with a circle stencil and the details were added with Crayola markers. An oblong shape to form the baby's body was cut from a bit of thin sponge. A dry unused wet wipe was used for the swaddling cloth after coloring, drying and cutting it to a 3" square. Then the baby was swaddled in exactly the same manner as a human baby, but with some extra folds for shape and neatness. A glue gun was used to adhere it to the die shape while double sided circle dots held the head in place. The confetti die cuts were cut from coloured paper. Pins from a chocolate box, duck from yellow card, coloured beak, added an eye and a dash of Nuvo crystal drops for dimension of its wing. Rattle from pink card and heat embossed in white and silver. Finished off with the stamped sentiment and a puffy sticker.
I'm entering this card into challenges at...
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge - anything goes
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - anything goes
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - new beginnings
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - babies
Have a great day. Will be back soon.
Leanne





8 comments:
This is so beautiful!! I love the way you wrapped the baby!! The baby details are fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
So sweet! Love the swaddling cloth!
SO different and such a good idea for a new baby card, many thanks for joining our 'New Beginnings' theme at Allsorts challenge.
B x
What a gorgeous card Leanne - love how you have made and then swaddled the baby.
Blessings
Maxine
This is adorable, absolutely perfect for a new baby girl. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x
Wow this is so cute, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx
Gorgeous card Leanne! I love the swaddled baby and the embellishments are so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx
Too cute
Post a Comment