Happy Valentines Day to you all. I'm here to share a card I made using a much longed for stamp set I finally got myself. I also wanted to try this pop-up box card, which I adapted to make a pop-up basket card instead. Besides time, a lot of love went into making this card which will go to my mum on her upcoming birthday. I hope you like my basket of roses.
![]() |
| card folded flat on the envelope |
Supplies used:
Altenew-Vintage Roses stamp set
inks- Tsukineko-pearlescent poppy, rocket red & an office stamp pad for roses
Hero Arts ombre-lime to forever green for leaves
giftwrap paper for basket
mesh tube flex ribbon for handle
tag-recycled from a gift received
MISTI, precision scissors, glue
![]() |
| showing the additional calyx & stems |
![]() |
| the basket template with 5 strips for layering |
The roses and leaves were stamped multiple times...the roses were stamped with a MISTI and the leaves were hand stamped. Then all fussy cut. A template was made for the basket, to fit a 7.5" x 5.5" envelope...each side measuring 3.5" x 2.5". The cane design gift wrap paper was adhered on kraft card stock the template traced over it, then cut. A strip of the same paper was adhered at the top edge with the cane design running vertical then colored with a marker for contrast. 5 strips 0.75" x 4.5" were cut for the layers, scored at 0.5" at both ends and folded to form tabs. After scoring, folding and gluing the basket, the tabs of the 5 strips were glued on two opposite sides. The flower arrangement was completed and finished by attaching the handle and tag.
My card seems to fit into several challenges. So, I'm entering this card at...
http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk - anything goes stamping
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com.au - hearts & flowers
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.co.uk - favorite stamp
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge - favorite tool(MISTI)
http://www.dare2bartzy.com - love
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk - love sentiment
https://rubberdance.blogspot.com - layers
Have a wonderful day with your loved ones.
Leanne











32 comments:
Oh wow, this is so gorgeous!! Your basket of roses looks amazing!! I love, love this!! So creative and beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
OH WOW this is awesome! What a fabulous project! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘RED’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!
What an amazing card! So crafty! I love that vintage roses set! Great job! Looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge Blog!
What an amazing basket of beautiful roses Leanne - this is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine
Wow! This card is so creative. You did a great job with the stamps.
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T
Oh, dear me- this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Amazing and beautiful!!! Your Mom is so lucky!!!
I wanted to say, for the COF challenge, just stop by the SCS thread and add a post that you would like to join. I already sent Kelly a note- you are so welcome to join us!!!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/cards-new-open-swaps-f426/%2Anew-open-crafters-faith-card-making-more-t614667.html
Oh my goodness! You're card is gorgeous! I love that it makes a flower basket, that's the most unique pop up card I've ever seen. Thanks for entering it into our February challenge at Dare 2B Artzy!
Tonya
DT Member Dare 2B Artzy
A really glorious floral creation, my thanks for joining our Hearts and Flowers theme at Allsorts challenge this week.
B x
What a gorgeous pop up card! Very creative. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Roses are Red" challenge.
Just popped back to say thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge as well.
B x
So so gorgeous, just stunning, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx
WOW, Leanne, this basket full of roses is AMAZING! So gorgeous and such a labor of love ... I am sure your mom will love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sweeties in February!
Wow, wow, wow!! This is incredible! I found myself subconsciously leaning in closer to my computer screen to take in all of the great details, so thanks for including such great pictures of the structure itself. The roses on their own are stunning enough, but when you arranged them all together in this amazing structure, it is a remarkable and unique piece! I'm sure your mom will absolutely love this piece. I know I do! Thank you for sharing something so interesting and inspiring with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
What a lovely and clever project! I love that you made such a large pop up and made it into a basket shape! All the flowers are so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun Rubber Stamps!
Wow Leanne, what can I say - what an amazing project! This is so pretty and all those flowers are wonderful, your Mum is sure to love it!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Rubber Dance layers challenge. Have a fun weekend, Sue xx
I think this is really wonderful. I've never seen anything like it and I am amazed at it's construction. A basket of roses for a birthday--what could be better than that!
Hi Leanne!
This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us. I hope you have a blessed week, and that you'll join us again soon.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
So fabulous is your project with the basket filled with roses!! Your Mom will love this wonderful birthday gift! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sweeties this month! Please come back soon!
WOW what an amazing, lovely beautiful creation
Cheers
Dr Sonia
What a fun interactive card! Those roses are GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you shared this with us at JFFRS! Wendy DT
This card is outstanding!!! OMG, what a brilliant work. Thank you for joining us over at the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugs, Susanne.
What a beautiful card! I just love this basket of roses. It is wonderful that you can flatten it to send too. Thanks for joining the Just For Fun challenge. We hope to see you back again.
Wow, you did a lot of fussy cutting here. What a beautiful result. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance layers challenge. Hugz
Your pop up box card is stunning! Thank you for sharing it on the Dare 2B Artzy February challenge!
Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
Very creative! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)
lovely
Stunning card. Your mom will love this. Thank you for sharing with the Just For Fun February Monthly Challenge.
Stunning project!
Thanks for joining our challenge at RUbber Dance Stamps! :))
yasmina
Gorgeous pop up basket, l bet your mum will treasure it.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Favourite Stamp' challenge and good luck x Susan x
Wow! What a great job with fantastic result! Love it!!! Thanks for joining Altenew Inspiration challenge!
Oh my goodness, this is incredible, looks so so pretty and all your hard work was certainly worth it. A true work of art :) :)
Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
the October 2018 Anything goes link-up at Just Keep On Creating.
Post a Comment