Where did January go? Really wish I could be here more often. I began making this card for an inspiration challenge but could not complete it in time. So, I used hearts for ongoing love/Valentine challenges.
Supplies used:
Elizabeth craft designs-Triple leaf set
MFT die-namics-Fancy flourish (sections of die cut used)Stitched circle
Fiskars-Peacock elegance (sentiment)
dotted designer paper
sequin
clear dew drop
glossy accents
A circular window was die cut on DP and adhered on a square card base. To make the flower, a one inch wide strip of red printer paper was folded in half and 5 big and 5 smaller hearts were fussy cut using handmade templates. To make a petal, one big and one small heart were glued along their mountain folds. The five petals made in this manner were adhered on a double sided foam circle, added a sequin and clear dew drop for the flower center, then added some colour to the petals. The leaves were die cut and veins were marked on them using the shaft of a piercing tool for dimension. The sentiment was stamped and card was completed with the dimensional flower, leaf springs, flourishes and glossy accents.
I'm entering this card into challenges at...
http://modsquadchallenge.com - hearts & flowers
http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.co.uk - hearts & flowers
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.co.uk - love
http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk - polka dots
http://www.dare2bartzy.com/wp/blog - something new (new sentiment stamp & flower making technique)
http://unikostudio.blogspot.com/search/label/USC - anything goes...love
This is my third card for my SIL, a victim of terminal ovarian cancer in Canada. Around Christmas, a FB group-Kit & Clowder, had a post asking if anyone needed uplifting cards. I mentioned about my SIL and some kind readers sent her beautiful handmade cards which she was thrilled to receive. If any of you would like to send her an uplifting card, please let me know in the comment so I can send you her mailing address. Your kindness will be much appreciated.
Thank you. Hope to visit you soon.
Leanne




20 comments:
This is so gorgeous, Leanne!! The heart flower looks amazing!! I love the dimension!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
This is fabulous Leanne, a pretty flower, it looks beautiful along side the dark dotted papers.
Pauline
x
A fabulous card - I love the flowers made from hearts.
Kath x
Love flower its perfect and makes a fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby
Sophisticated, elegant and very chic design!
Love the flower in the centre circle and all those polka dots set it off brilliantly. Thanks for sharing with us at Uniko this month. Sarah
just looking at your flower it took me a minute to realise you had made it from heart dies. It really is pretty. hugs Mrs A.
Hi Leanne, great colour combo here and that flower really pops. It is a beautiful card .
Thanks for your visit too .
cheers Shirley-Anne
What a stunning card Leanne - love the drama of the red against the white and the dark background. The dimension you obtained with the fussy cut and folded hearts is wonderful.
Blessings
Maxine
Really BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for joining TioT!
Beautiful card with an elegant design! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
Mar x
I think this card is a stunner!!! I love the flower with the sparkly center. I would be happy to send a card later this month- probably will not look like a Kit and Clowder member card! LOL
What a lovely colour scheme on this elegant card.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.
LOVE how you have used the hearts to make a flower - genius!! I'm pinning! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Mod Squad.
Judy - Challenge Host
What a stunning card! The red really pops in the middle of the grey. I love it - Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.
Jackie
Very pretty card and great style. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x
This is so pretty Leanne, your beautiful flower really stands out against the neutral background.
Pauline
x
Love your dimensional flower with it's dazzling centre, it really pops.
Thank you so much for joining in with my Love, Love, Love challenge this time.
Lin
Crafty Cardmakers
Beautiful flower, and the polka dotted background looks fun, thanks for joining us at Uniko.
Love how you have made the flower out of hearts and framed it inside the polka dots. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for commenting so late. Hugs Bev x
This is really beautiful Leanne, I love the spotted paper and the flower in the middle is so striking and looks really pretty.
Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
the October 2018 Anything goes link-up at Just Keep On Creating.
Post a Comment