My Favorite Things is celebrating their 10th birthday and I thought I'd make a card for them. I picked the die used here especially to use it for string art and here's what I did with it.
Supplies used
MFT die-namics-Radiant sun Bright lights numbers
ombre embroidery thread
silver card (recycled from chocolate box)
silver thread
silver acrylic paint
sequins
ice stickles (centre of sequins)
outline sticker sentiment
The string art, on the sun was done by passing the thread across every sixth spoke until all the spokes were covered up and the ends met. The die cut numbers were adhered. Then, following the sketch below, I assembled the card with machine sewing, splatters of paint, sequins and an outline sticker sentiment.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges...
http://www.cardchallenges.com - 10th birthday challenge
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/category/events/work-it-wednesday - dies
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - anything goes
I hope MFT likes my card. Will be back soon with my camp create posts.
Leanne



9 comments:
Wow!! This is stunning!! The string art looks amazing!! I love your take on the sketch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
What a wonderful use of the die - you are quite the needle woman Leanne, with those even stitches on the other elements, especially the digits in the open chain stitch. A stunning card!!
Blessings
Maxine
What a bright and cheery card. Love how you used the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.
Fantastic element! It reminds me of the old Spirograph that I had when I was a kid.
Thanks for using our sketch as inspiration for your card! It looks great.
Evelyn, Stick it Down design team
https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com
What a great card. I love the use of the two tones. The string art makes the card so special. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.
What a cool use of the Radiant Sun Die-namics!
Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things
I love that string art, and I love this card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stick It Down!
I like the way you flipped it! Thanks for creating with us at SID!
Love the string art, that is so cool!! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
Post a Comment