"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Fantastic Foiling & Glass Painting

Hi!
    I'm joining the 2nd session of MFT Camp Create starting today. I enjoyed the 1st session and could not resist joining again. Day 1 craft is foiling. I'm glad it wasn't restricted to the craft foil alone, so I crafted with recycled foil from a powdered milk tin. 


Supplies used:
My Favorite Things-abstract background
Our Daily Bread Designs-ornamental crosses 
Taylored Expressions-embrace beauty (sentiment)  
embossed background (RAK)
acetate sheet
stazon ink
glass paints
foil (recycled) 
dbl sided foam tape
    With a cathedral window in mind, the arched window was drawn and cut out on the embossed panel. After stamping the abstract background on a sheet of acetate, it was painted with glass paints. As the card was black, the acetate was adhered onto a piece of white paper so as to make it stand out. Finally, the acetate was adhered on the embossed panel, the cross and the sentiment were added and finished off by adhering the entire panel onto the card with foam tape for dimension.  
Print
I'm entering this card into the following challenges...
    Have you used glass painting for cards? I'd made 2 or 3 of those maybe 10 yrs ago but never took pictures of my work then. Of late, I've been thinking of backgrounds for the cross die as I have to make memorial cards for my dad's death anniversary. I dug out my glass paints to try my first background on this card and need to try something less time consuming to make over 100 cards. Any ideas to share?   
Will be back soon with my next make for camp Day 2
Leanne

10 comments:

karen h said...

Beautiful stained glass! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!! The window looks amazing!! I love the colors!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Virginia L. said...

Awesome and colorful design! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Create a Scene” Challenge! Super work!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Leanne on using what you had on hand!! This is a wonderful card, and the cross die cut is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Jane said...

I'm taken by your idea to create a stained glass window , fab use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along at CC&S.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love the look of the stained glass window qith the silver cross- this is just fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

A stained glass window is an awesome idea and so well executed. Such a CAS card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x

Sidelle Menon said...

Beautiful card! Love the simplicity of it once again

Patricia Hays said...

I've always liked the look of stained glass. Your card replicates it nicely! Thanks so much for making CC&S part of your crafting fun.

Jo Ann said...

What a colorful card that sits well in a Kraft CS. Awesome combo! We are so blessed that you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We have a new Challenge going on and we hope you can link with us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God’s Word in Jeremiah 32:17 which says, “‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.”

God bless,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com