"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Silver Ordination Anniversary

Hi!
    Calligraphy was a hobby I developed while in my early twenties. I bought a book and a pen to learn the art and used to write the sentiment in basic calligraphy, when I first started card making. Reused the pen after 22 years for the lettering on this card I made for the rector of our parish in December. It was a last minute make...so much so, that I pictured it on the cutting mat.
Supplies used:
water-colour paper
Ranger distress inks
Lawn Fawn-stitched journaling die
Platignum calligraphy pen
silver ribbon
sticker (25)
    The background effect was achieved using the smooshing technique on water-colour paper. Wrote the sentiment, die cut the panel and finished off with ribbon and sticker. The inspiration for the words was from
Printery House.
I'm entering this card into challenges at...
http://cinspirations.blogspot.co.uk - for boys
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - word art anything goes
Having a problem with Google Chrome so cannot access my bookmarks. :(
Have a fabulous Friday. I'll be back soon.
Leanne
 

9 comments:

Lin said...

I think this is perfect for the occasion! Love your background, and of course, your amazing lettering! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful and so thoughtful!

MaryH said...

Calligraphy is such a beautiful, vintage & classy look on anything it decorates. Wow, your hand is really adept at this art, and it looks so pretty against that smooshed background. It was something I always wanted to try, but never did. Yours is just lovely on this wonderful card. The recipients will be so appreciative I'm sure. TFS & Happy wkend.

Monica said...

This is so beautiful. Calligraphy must be easy for you as your writing has always been beautiful. You are so talented,
Monica

Lisa said...

Your Calligraphy is perfect!! I love the beautiful background!! The colors are fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Barbara said...

Your card is perfect! background is beautiful and your calligraphy amazing! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday CHallenge Blog! barbara

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely card Leeanne - love your lettering over the simple background - this card really 'sings' as all the elements go together beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Leanne , the script is perfect on that wonderful background. Also a lovely gesture to honor your Priest. Thank you so much for entering your creative and beautiful art in our challenge here at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole

suzARTe said...

It's great that you have done calligraphy after so long, it looks beautiful.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx