"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Easter Wishes with Mix Media.

Hello Friends!
    I'm here  today to share my first  ever mix media creation...an Easter card I sent  my daughter.



Here's a close view of Bunny's face...

Supplies used:
For Background-
Sakura Poster paints
Faber Castell - Art Grip Aquarelles(green, red & yellow), PITT Artist Pen(blue metallic), Gelato (yellow metallic), Gesso through mesh screen
Dreamweaver Stencil- LJ896 Large Flourish
Firecracker Designs Stamps (Fir Tree, Grass & Birds)
Punched butterfly 
Butterfly sticker
Salt
For Bunny-
Stencil of assorted ovals
Designer paper
Copics(Floral Favorites) 
Punches- Martha Stewart- flower shower border punch for Tiara flowers & Swirl punch for curls on head
Googly eyes
Heart bead nose
Faber Castell PITT Artist pen to add details
For Eggs-
Stamp- clear egg shaped with sentiment within
Designer paper
Foam  tape 
    The inspiration for this card was from HERE. For the bunny, I used a stencil to cut the ovals but cut the ones of the ears narrower. For the tiara I cut a thin semi circular piece of green paper & added the negative cut outs of the floral edge punch after colouring them. Added a few fur curls which were ends of the punched swirl. Next I wanted to add greenery, found THIS lovely BoBunny scrapbook paper; but as I didn't want to cut it, I created the background using several mediums listed above. After a watercolour wash on the entire paper, I added some foliage with paint, aquarelles, stamps & stencil. For some texture used Gesso through a mesh screen & also some salt . As the upper half looked very plain, I stamped some birds & added a punched butterfly which I covered with a butterfly sticker and then coloured the uncovered portion with black. The eggs were stamped on dp & cut out. It was fun using mix media that even bunny dirtied her paw while I played around. Thanks to my extra generous blog friends for helping me make this creation possible.
Entering this  card into  the  following challenges:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/category/events/work-it-wednesday - Inspiration from blogger
http://cardztv.blogspot.com - Easter
http://sweetstampsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges - Hippity Hop
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com - Easter
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.co.uk - Easter & Anything Goes 
http://www.craftindesertdivas.com - Anything Goes
http://rubysrainbow.blogspot.co.uk - Bunnies
http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk - Easter 
http://www.dreamweaverstencils.blogspot.com - Showers of foilage
Wishing you all a Blessed Easter.
Leanne.

18 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute, I love your background
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #153 “EASTER” Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Lisa B said...

Awe Leanne this is adorable. Love all the different details and colors. Great job!

Thanks for sharing it with us over at Craftin' Desert Divas and for playing along with our Easter linky party.

Lisa
CDD DT Member

Lisa B said...

OOPPSS!! Sorry...lol I meant our "Anything Goes" challenge...

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! The bunny is so adorable. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Sue C said...

Cute card, Leanne! Thanks for linking back to my blog - very considerate. I haven't ventured into mixed media yet, but I love yours :) My favorite is the little tiara - so sweet!

Leanne said...

Very cute bunny, like the background, so spring like colors. Awesome use of punches/dies. Thanks for playing our Easter Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Great job!

Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a Sweet design making the bunny from the ovals. I love the little heart nose and the google eyes. Thank you for joining us in our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I love your card and I think that the "springtime" theme would fall into "showers to showers" challenge on Dreamweaver Stencils, we would love for you to post it on our challenge and the fact that you used one of our stencils would give you bonus points!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable!! The background looks amazing!! The bunny is so sweet!! I love this - it's amazing!! I hope you have a very happy Easter :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gerda said...

What a super adorable card!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Great card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow for our Bunnies challenge.

Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Leanne
Clever use of punches to create rabbit and a fabulous back ground too.
hugs Shirley-Anne

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just darling! Love the bunny and the scene behind the bunny is brilliant!

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card! thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow
Shaz DT x

mum of two said...

How fabulous! That bunny is too cute. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Anything Goes Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Hey...thanks for taking time to post your creation to our chaallenge this month! It's darling!

Cindy Groh said...

Love your bunny. He's a cutie. The showers of foliage is perfect for our challenge this month at Dream It Up.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ooh such a cutie and Especially love the flower head band
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects