Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Here's a card I made yesterday, the embellishment for which was made from scratch.
Here's another view.
Supplies used:
Digi Images - Paper Smooches
Bling
Poster colours
Scissors
The image above is of the paper I made with poster colours. It was my first attempt in creating a background for a card but played with it too much in an attempt to produce a marbled effect using a cling wrap and made a mess of it. So I decided to use the best portion to cut out the enlarged digital image of a feather, then created barbs with scissors and folded the shaft. I added some bling as the feather looked too lonely. I liked how the feather turned out and I hope you like it too.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges...
http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.com - Anything Goes
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/category/events/work-it-wednesday - Create
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge - Start from scratch
http://justkeeponcreating.blogspot.com.au - Anything Goes
Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Leanne



11 comments:
What a gorgeous card!! The feather looks amazing!! I can't believe you made it from scratch!! You did such a fabulous job!! The colors are beautiful!! Have a great day :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Beautiful clean and simple design! Love the gorgeous feather you made. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!
Lovely CAS card, the feather and colours are very striking . Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x
just wonderful this design!
Oh my goodness, what a fabulous feather, it gives a whole new meaning to the adage "a mistake is a design opportunity", although actually I don't think your painted paper was a mistake at all, I think it is wonderful. Thanks very much for sharing your idea with everyone at Soartful.
Love the simplicity! beautiful color too.
Hi there , that coloured hand made paper was perfect for the feather you created and how awesome that looks on your card . Well done
Not only is this feather amazing, your card is beautiful as well! I love the simplicity of this and the bright colours on the white. Stunning! Thank you for being Soartful with us!!
Your card turned out wonderful. That feather is so pretty well done on making your bg paper into something new
Hugs Nikki
Beautiful! :-)
This is amazing Leanne - love the jewel colours on the feather - a great save of your piece of work.
Blessings
Maxine
Post a Comment