Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's just past midnight here, but I'm here to share a card I made to link it up at my favourite blog Our Daily Bread Designs for their 5th Anniversary challenge. I own just the 'Love One Another" stamp set from ODBD and there were several opportunities recently to use this set for their challenges, but I just couldn't make it. When I saw their recent challenge I was determined to make a card. So, I browsed for a sketch and liked the latest sketch at Simon Says Challenge Blog and this is what I came up.

Supplies used:
Background paper is handmade from India
Silver glittery ribbon from my stash
Doily from my stash
Rolled rose made by recycling silver foil wrapping paper
Leaves by recycling the foil seal from the milk tin (The leaves were drawn, cut & veins embossed with a pen)
'25' are stickers on silver wire like stick pins
Sentiment from ODBD-Love One Another stamp set
Here's another pic. showing the background clearly...
and a close up of the flower & leaves...
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com - Anniversary plus silver ending 18/3
http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com - Green-recycling ends 18/3
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com - Sketch # 1 ending 19/3
http://www.sarahhurleychallenges.blogspot.com - Recycle ends 31/3
http://stamping-fantasies.blogspot.co.uk - A special celebration (flowers- Brenda loves flowers. Her blog header says it all)


9 comments:
What an elegant and beautiful card!! I just love all the shimmery silver!! Thanks for joining us for the Anniversary Celebration and the challenge this week at ODBD.
blessings,
Chris
WOW the rolled roses are amazing!! Have pinned it here:Recycling crafts
This is elegant and beautiful!! The paper is stunning and the roses are gorgeous!!
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Gorgeous card! So elegant with the silver details! :) Thank you for participating in our "Choose A Sketch" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xo
It's beautiful,so elegant.Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.
Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley.
C xx
I do indeed love flowers Leanne and those on your card are so pretty and the whole card has such an elegance to it.
Thanks so much for joining in my blog celebration.
B x
WOW .this is fabulous ..so stylish ..exquisite ..Love those flowers
hugs Shirley-Anne
The leaves and the rose are so pretty. Beautifully done. Hope all is well with you.
Love,
Monica
Post a Comment