"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

96th Birthday Cake

Hi Friends!
    I'm been greatly stressed lately concerning the well being of my aged parents, and to relieve my stress, I have been visiting blogs, fiddling around my own blog and in the process discovered I had a couple of card images saved in drafts; waiting to be posted. So here's a card I'd made for my dad in Oct' 2011. I hope you like it.



Supplies used:
Brown cardstock base
White cardstock strip twirled on a knitting needle for the cake border
White Sharpie Poster Paint for the side and for the handwritten sentiment 
Viva Sapphire Blue Glitter Liner to outline the number candles
Glitter in shades of blue & green used in sections of the numbers 
Crayola colour pencils for the flame 
Foam tape to adhere the candles 
The cake & candles were drawn & cut manually. The cake decorating technique used is called "Cornelli Lace". See how I decorated cakes using this technique HERE. The card opened at the upper edge, just behind the candles.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com - Happy Birthday ends 9/3
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com.au - Anything Goes ends 9/3
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com - All that Glitters ends 16/3
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.com - Anything Goes ends 16/3

22 comments:

Darlene said...

LOVE IT!! And at 96 he deserves all that sparkle! GREAT job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Margreet said...

Stunning card...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fantastic card Leanne, thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

Love
Maarit

~Tammy~ said...

This is so sweet! I love it! It's so hard when our parents get up there in years! They are so precious and dear!

Hope you had a great weekend!

SUGANTHI said...

This looks fabulous, My prayers to your parents for their good health Leanne.

Jolara said...

beauty hugs joyce

Lisa said...

This is beautiful!! I love the sparkle!! Praying for your parents good health. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x

Tracy said...

What a great card.

Thanks for sharing with us at That Craft Place xx

loz said...

Fabulous card and Beautiful coloring Leanne..Loz Visited from MIM

Unknown said...

What a great design! I bet he love it. I saw this on MIM.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Leanne love the way you made the icing on the cake
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Meihsia Liu said...

What a great project! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.... :)

Nikki said...

Omgosh 96 that is amazing to see :) love your creation and good luck in my candy draw hugs Nikki

Erum Tasneem said...

super awesome!

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #211, #213, #229, and #235.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by JuliaMe and Myself on the Dark… and My Art... Healing The Soul.

Hugs,

Julia

Debs M said...

great card, saw it on mim x

Debbie Dolphin said...

Hiya your card is gorgeous xxx
Thankyou so much for joining in with my candy challenge and good luck xx
hugs Debbie xx

Linda . J said...

Love your card Leanne, perfect for a lovely Birthday, hope your not still stressed.
Hugs Linda

Lisa said...

Great card, a little something different. Thanks for joining us at Here Come The Boys
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

So glad you shared your lovely work with us at Here Come The boys! Thank you! Good Luck! Hugs Woo xx

CarlaKH said...

What a fab card- the colors on teh candles are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenges!