"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

A sad farewell

Hi!
    Thanks for all your beautiful comments & good wishes on my last post regarding my decision to sell my cards & give part of the proceeds in aid of the leprosy center (MALC). I just hope my plans as to how to go about selling the cards materialize once I discuss the same with a lady who I know would be able to guide me further. 
    After almost a week of being ill, I’m here today to share a card I’d made in April for the principal (a nun & a  friend to all teachers) who got transferred to another school. The card measures 8.5” x 12”, so all the teachers could individually sign in the card. I got all the signatures first, then completed the card, showed them and placed it in an empty Lindt chocolate box which I covered with light purple glazed paper and tied it with a broad satin ribbon in dark purple. I forgot to picture the box in all the rush. But here are some pics. of  the card. 

Here's a close up of the words and... 

a close up of the embellishments. 

The words are from a Hallmark card I’d received from my colleagues almost 19 yrs ago. I altered the words slightly, made my own digital version, printed it and cut it into an oval. All papers used for layering are coloured A4 sheets. The embossed paper is from India. Other materials used are lace, ribbon, flowers, leaves, handmade wines of green wire & punched butterflies to which I added 3 tiny rhinestones for the body & diamond stickles for the wings. 
I’m entering this card into the following challenges:
http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com/ - Sentiment as main focus ends 2/7
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - Bingo (flowers, embossing, thinking of you) 4/7
http://www.sarahhurleychallenges.blogspot.com/ - Dimension & texture ends 8/7
http://kalalayaa.blogspot.ro - Anything goes ends 9/7
http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.com/ - Anything goes ends 12/7
http://youngcraftersunite.com/ - Many layers ends 15/7

Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful weekend!!

24 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, that is a big card! it turned out so nice.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Leanne it is so elegant and beautiful the purple color looks fabulous

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I hope you are feeling better, Leanne. Your card is so beautiful!! I absolutely love the sentiment!! The embossing is fabulous!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

♥Jan♥ said...

Wow, my most favorite color EVER ! What a lovely card for someone special. I am so glad you joined us this week for our Papercraft Star anniversary !!

Mynn xx said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the sentiment--what a fabulous card to give to a loved one! :)

JanR said...

Great card! The colours are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card, Leanne, and what a good cause to sell your cards for! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Star Anniversary "embossed" challenge! Hope to see you in Days 2, 3 and 4 challenges!

happyscrapper said...

This is a beautiful card. the colors are awesome. Thanks for joining us at CCCC, and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine

chillin with Quillin said...

beautiful card!!!!
Paula

SUGANTHI said...

Gorgeous Leanne.

Erum Tasneem said...

looks fabulous! The colours you have chosen are gorgeous.

Becky B. said...

STUNNING work! What wonderful detail you incorporated into your card - so lovely! Thanks for entering Scrap-It-Girl's June Punch Challenge. :)

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

What a Beautiful Card.. love the design. thank you for joining us over at Scrap It Girl

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card Leanne!! I love the colors and your wonderful sentiment. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Gloria

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Stampalicious said...

awesome, love the texture, and those pretty butterflies, thank you for joining our challenge at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards, hugs, martina

Enfys said...

Beautiful card Leanne, I love the purple and the sentiment is perfect.
Thanks for entering my challenge,
hugs
Enfys x

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Love the simplicity and sentiment of this card. Very elegant.

Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments

- Mel xx

Unknown said...

Thank you for entering the Scrap It Girl "Use Your Punches" Design Challenge. Your entry is very elegant. For more crafty inspiration follow my FB Page: www.facebook.com/mothershipscrapbookgal
xoxo, Rina Gonzales, Scrap It Girl Design Team Member

Marie said...

Beautiful card, great dimension =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fabulous card. Love the simple and elegant look. The color scheme is beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Make It Monday this week... :)

Julia said...

Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
I saw this on Make it Monday!
These are my entries: # 129, #158, #160, #162, # 250 and #252 would love it if you could visit.
There is also some candy HERE!
Hugs,
Julia

Unknown said...

lovely card! thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenge this time, hope to see you back again soon.

Sarah x

Hussena said...

such a beautiful card...thanks for playing along"For The Love Of Crafting Challenge#7 :)

Hussena said...

such a beautiful card...thanks for playing along"For The Love Of Crafting Challenge#7 :)