Thanks for all your lovely comments and visits lately. I just made this card and could not wait to share it with you along with some good news.
Since I started blogging, I've gained some wonderful friends, won giveaways and some even sent me RAK, as no craft supplies are available here in Pakistan. All along the cards I shared on my blog were either made to send someone or just because I felt like crafting. I have a collection of cards now and felt I needed to do something about them. Any guess?
For centuries, leprosy has been feared and misunderstood. As a result those affected by this disease, were cast aside by society. Thanks to the living saint Dr.Ruth Phau, due to whose efforts, leprosy is under control in Pakistan according to the WHO.
Every Sunday when see this living saint in church, I feel very privileged. For we know that someday, she will be one among the heavenly saints. Since last year my three kids have been going to the leprosy centre for voluntary service during their summer vacation. Today, I told my daughter to speak to the resource officer about my plan and got permission to link their website to my blog.
Yes, I decided to sell my cards and give part of the proceeds to the Marie Adelaide Leprosy Centre (MALC). Now, this wouldn't have been possible without all the generous hearts who have giveaways or extra generous hearts who sent me crafting supplies as RAK. Remember, you are also part of what I intend to do and surely God will bless you too.
So today, with a joyful heart, I made this card for a challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. The challenge is to create something that reflects you. CAS, is my style of crafting. That's exactly what I am. Simple! I'm also called a clean freak at times as I go berserk at the sight of untidiness or dust & clean till I drop dead tired.
Thanks for reading what I had to share with you today. Now, here's my card.
Supplies used:
Miss Elizabeth's Vellum Stickers "Jesus Loves Me"
Assorted Rhinestones
Watercolors
Hard toothbrush
Ruler
I'm also entering it into the following challenges:
http://www.cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com - CAS using Vellum ends 21/6http://lawnscaping.blogspot.com/ - Color Splash ends 27/6

11 comments:
What a beautiful CAS card and a beautiful thing you are doing!! The sentiment is gorgeous :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Hi Leanne!! What a beautiful card!! Vellum stickers?!...how cool is that!! What a sweet heart you have to sell your cards to help others...your children sound like such amazing kids...you must be an amazing AND proud mom!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!
You are so sweet Leanne, I am sure you are proud of your children for being so thoughtful at such an young age. Lovely card and good luck with your sales.
What a wonderful decision - may it benefit many. CAS - in this case the sentiment deserves to be the focus!
Beautiful card, and its awesome what your doing with the sells of your cards to help others, your children are so sweet to help!
good luck with your sells and God bless you and your family!!!
Paula
I can't think of a more beautiful and thoughtful purpose to create a card, Leanne! I love how you used that amazing sentiment as your focal point, it really packs a punch!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)
This is so pretty and elegant - the color palette is just stunning! Love the embossing, too! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!
wow! love your splashing of watercolored background. thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping
this is so beautiful, Leanne!
This is beautiful as is your sentiment! So true!
Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!!!
Beautiful card...love the splashing and the sentiment. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
Post a Comment