"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Card with a recycled chocolate wrapper

Hi!
   I've been trying to get here since yesterday, but somehow did not manage to. I hope to stay up & get this done tonight. Well, although craft supplies are not available here, I’m thankful that at least there’s thrash for me to craft with. lol. Being a family of chocolate lovers, my in-laws always get us a variety of chocolates whenever they visit from Canada or the UK. The first thing I do is, examine the box, tray & wrappers for any possibilities to re-use them and accordingly instruct the rest to save them for me. The same was the case with the chocolate wrappers used in this card I made for my BIL whose b’day was yesterday.
The recycled elements used in this card are the Anthon Berg liqueur chocolate wrapper for the bottle and thick plastic from the backing of a clear stamp for the glass. Both were slightly curved for a 3D effect and adhered using foam tape and glue drops respectively; to a background roughly stamped with Gina K-Live life loud stamp set. Bronze colored glitter was stuck on the inner side of the glass to depict the sparkling drink. The paper on either side is Cosmo Cricket, cut with scallop edged scissors. The sentiments on it were stamped with Crafter’s Companion-Humphrey’s B’day Girl; then written over with metallic bronze prismacolor pencil. The main sentiment is an SRM sticker on a punched tag using McGill word tag punch. Most of the supplies used for this card is from my RAK goodies. I find making cards for men very challenging. But, I quite enjoyed making this card and am pleased as to how it turned out. I hope you’ll like it too. 
Here's a side view of the card

Those of you who are new here, may go HERE and HERE to view my past recycled projects using chocolate trays. 
Happy Thanksgiving!! 
I’m entering this card into the following challenges:
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/ - Recycle
http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com - Anything Goes
http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com - Clean & Simple
http://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - Let it Sparkle
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/ - One Layer Card
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes

25 comments:

Jill said...

Fantastic recycling :)
Great card!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck
Hugs, Jill

Sally said...

A very clever idea to use recycled chocolate wraper in your design & it looks very effective. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Leanne I love your recycling ideas-- It is such a unique creation!
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

1CardCreator said...

Awesome card! So clever to use the wrapper that way. So glad I met you at Make it Monday. ~Diane

Lin said...

Now that's what I call recyling, and just imagine you get to eat the chocolate first.

Gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining our recycling challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin

Lisa Minckler said...

Leanne,
This is FANTASTIC!! Absolutely 2 of my favorite things on this card; especially this time of year! :D
I love such creativity.

Hugs,
Lisa xx

Anonymous said...

Fab card, and any time you need more choc wrappers I'll be happy to help out, lol. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

chillin with Quillin said...

awsome card, love the recycling wrappers!!!
Paula

D.Martin said...

A very clever Thought























affiliate software, limewire

downrightcrafty said...

oh I can see you were thinking of me and my up and coming birthday when you created this card, love the colours and the recycling too
Hugs Kate xx

Barb said...

I love recycling and this card would be perfect for one of my sisters! (I came from Make it Monday)

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Leanne.I admire your talent so greatly .It takes a certain talent to recycle , reuse and re invent ! Your creation is amazing .Love the glass and bottle .Thank you for your visit to my blog and the kind words you left
Shirley-Anne
ps I have some candy for you will you email me
shirlb1@bigpond.com

SUGANTHI said...

I read all your posts carefully Leanne , you make awesome stuff with things around you. Here you have outdone yourself.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a cool creation, thumbs up for thinking green!

Erum Tasneem said...

fabulous idea! I know you have used chocolate wrappers before too, they always look great!

Paul said...

What a great way to celebrate. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

P.S. Visit my blog to see some candy – I have some Digital Scrapbooking softwear up for grabs, all you have to do is comment on my post.

Caro said...

Wonderful recycling and a great card; I love the 3D on the bottle and glass. Thank you for joining our CAS challenge at Quirky Crafts this week.

~Tammy~ said...

Awesome recycling! What a fantastic creation!

Mary J said...

Gorgeous Leanne, I love this! Thx for linking it up to the Make it Monday party!

Mary J x

FerrellGraph-x said...

Ah a crafter after my own heart! I love that you recycle! It's always a pleasure to see what you share with us at Papercraft Star!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Helen said...

It is absolutely gorgeous, Leanne.

Mandy said...

Great recycling and a beautiful card,love it...
Mandy x

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a cool card- I am always saving 'stuff', but never seem to pull it out! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Jessica Buffa said...

Hello Leanne. I will be emailing you shortly with your card and instructions for downloading the MMS software! Congratulations hun! Hope you enjoy using and creating with it.
:O)
Jessica

suszu said...

My kinda card, feel like having a malibu right now :) :)