"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Young Crafters Unite Blog Hop


Hello  Friends!
    Welcome to Young Crafters Unite blog hop. Britta and Marie have teamed up to bring together all the young crafters in blogosphere. It’s a fabulous idea and I’m really excited about it as it’s my first  time. Thanks to the young crafters Britta and Marie for organizing it.
To start at the beginning of the blog hop and know the details, go directly to Young Crafter’s Unite. If you are arriving from Aditya's blog you are in the right place.
    You must be wondering what makes me a young crafter. Well, crafting relieves stress and keeps me happy that’s what makes me feel young.
Here’s my project using one of my favorite crafting techniques – Quilling.


The background paper used for this simple card is handmade embroidered beehive shape for the bud, a fringed flower for the centre and a digital sentiment. paper, in off white & silver. Sorry, I could not get a clearer picture as the holographic ribbon gave me trouble. It gives a different glow in every angle and this was the best I could do. I used the basic quilling shapes for this card. The teardrop shape for the petals, the eye shape for the leaves, the
You will find tutorials for quilling HERE.

 I’d also like to share an old favorite quilled project.


The flowers are quilled folded roses and fringed daisies. The basket woven with thin paper strips and the leaves punched.
 Here’s the bottom and side view of the 3D basket…

And  a close up of the basket of flowers.

 You can comment on the hop links from 12:00 hrs July 1st until 23:59 hrs July 4th  CST(Chicago, USA) and don’t forget there are prizes for randomly selected comments. The more blogs you visit, the greater your chances of winning!!
The next blog to hop to is Ruby
 Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by. 

89 comments:

Marie said...

Such beautiful cards, both of these! I really like the quilled flower in your card for todays hop, it looks simple yet striking =) Thank you so much for joining our bloghop!

Lauren said...

Your quilled flowers are exquisite! And your 3D basket of flowers is beautiful!!

Aditya Gupta said...

Beautiful cards. I wish I could also learn some quilling.

Alba Aguilar (AlbaScrap) said...

Your second card is very original! I like the 3D-effect :-)

Angie said...

Nice cards. I think quilling can be so relaxing!

Pookie said...

very pretty, might scraplift this for mothers day...

scraptaculardesigns.blogspot.com

DianeG said...

What beautiful quill work and cards. Your friends are very lucky to receive a card from you!

Priya said...

Pretty cute card... The quilled bouquet is lovely...
All the very best for the blog hop...

Love n wishes,
Priya...
http://priya-n-papers.blogspot.com/

N Blackburn said...

Hi leanne, I've never tried this technique before; thanks for introducing me to some tutorials on it :)

cutiephinphin said...

love those quilled flowers. Seen it around in my LSS but not sure if I'd try it. Just have clumsy fingers :P

Thanks for sharing

Melissa Shea said...

I'm glad I came back to see why you made! I love that flower and the colors!

Crafterkhush said...

This is a beautiful card.. I love quilling myself so I can understand the love you have for the art.. Loved the 3-D basket too..!!

Wendy said...

These two cards are beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful cards! I've never tried quilling, but I'm always amazed when I see it. Thanks for sharing!
-Stephanie
www.stephmade.com

judy said...

Your quilling is beautiful!! I love
how much a quilled flower adds to a
card.

Tania A said...

I love quilling and those projects are gorgeous! I love those quilled roses and that basket is such an amazing touch!

Bunny Vance said...

Love your quilling! My grandma and I used to do that together!
Thanks for sharing,
Blessings,
Bunny
http://bunnyrunswithscissors.blogspot.com/
http://www.ajillianvancedesign.com/.

Chari Moss said...

Both beautiful cards, I love the quilling! Thanks so much for sharing!

Rubies Crafts said...

So beautiful, love the quilled flowers.

Ruby
http://handcraftedsimplyby.blogspot.com

Yainea said...

Beautiful! What two pieces of art! Thanks for sharing :)

Nancy L. said...

very pretty!

Donna B. said...

Love your cards - especially the quilling!

shirley said...

LOVE your quilled flowers!

Cathy P in AZ said...

Your quilling skills are FABULOUS! I know how hard quilling can be to do which is why I leave that to artists like YOU. :) Beautiful creations!

Ashley Newell said...

What lovely cards! I love the way you use flowers!

Anonymous said...

How did you roll those flowers?

Kim Marie said...

Wow!
Kim Maris

Karen B. said...

I don't do this art form and admire anyone that can. Great card.

Leezer said...

Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

Both are very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

sharon g said...

NICE basket. LOVE IT

Kristy Smith said...

Great cards! Quilling is such a work of art in and of itself! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn T said...

Very pretty. Love the quilling... something I've never tried.

Danielle said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the flowers on the first one!

Amanda Johnson said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the 3d effect!

Anonymous said...

quilling?! wow! i would never have the patience :o)

Bunnyfreak said...

You do beautiful quilling work.

Froggietalks said...

Wow, What great cards. I attempted quilling once, long ago, and could not get the hang of it... your work is beautiful.

Kelly Latevola said...

Leanne your quilling is gorgeous! Such beautiful cards :)

The Constant Scrapper said...

Oh Leanne, your cards are lovely. Thanks so much for sharing your great quilling skills with us. :-)

pcm said...

beautiful quilling!

Erum Tasneem said...

I really like the new card, the colours just pop up! I know what you mean about the holographic ribbon!
I remember your second card, I have always loved this one!

KathyN said...

I LOVE your cards! And your quilling is beautiful. Thank you for your inspiration!

Patricia said...

wowwwwww your quilled flowers are amazing great cards i love it =P

Madison said...

Your quilling is amazing. I love the card you made. I would love to learn how to do that. TFS! I am on the hop too. You can check out my project if you want. I am # 58:)
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Danielle Daws said...

Oh wow... I really must give quilling a try! Such gorgeous effects!

Neha Jain said...

lovely quilling and beautiful cards:)

Nothing said...

Great quilled flowers! So pretty!

AmyJRockstar said...

Hello my sweet friend! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. If you have time to read my last post you'll see why. You did such a lovely job on both cards! I have yet to try quilling, but it's on my list of things to learn. I absolutely love that basket! It's spectacular! TFS my friend. :0)

Be sure to stop by my blog to enter my 500 followers giveaway!


XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Very beautifu! You are very talented! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Lillian Child said...

Gorgeous cards, Leanne! That quilled flower is so lovely!

I am now a follower of your blog. So very nice to meet you! Stop by my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

And a HAPPY July 4th to you and yours!

chillin with Quillin said...

Awsome cards!!!!
Paula

SugarGem said...

Very pretty. Lenae

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh, your quilling is always impressive! I don't doubt that crafting keeps you young :>) Playing with paper is just like being a kid again :>)

Christiana said...

Both of these are just lovely! Well done!

Kelley said...

Your quilling is beautiful. I'm impressed with the 3D basket. I might have to give that one a try.

victoria h said...

beautiful quilling- I've not tried this yet.

Krista W said...

love the quilling, great technique.

Bonnie said...

Your quilled flowers are just beautiful. Love the basket.

Emily Keaton said...

These are fantastic!! Thanks for sharing. :)

narutopenguingirl said...

I love how your focal pieces just pop off your cards :)

Jessica said...

wow, this is fabulous! love quilling, haven't really tried it, but it has always looked like a lot of fun! :)

Just Me said...

I have always liked the look of the quilled flowers but never could get the technique down. Great job, they look beautiful.

Efrat said...

Thanks for sharing. The quilled flower is beautiful

lonely rubber stamp. said...

The cards are gorgeous, and so is the quilling!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! I've never tried quilling, but it is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Think I commented on the wrong post...whoops. The holographic ribbon is stunning and higlights the beautiful quilled flower perfectly...gorgeous work!!

Lucy Newton said...

You are really good at quilling, loove your basket of roses card!!!

Carla said...

oh my goodness, such beautiful beautiful work! I love it!!!!

Maggie said...

I've always loved the look of quilling, but I've never tried it. Your tutorial has inspired me to try.

cards by cara said...

How wonderful! Very perfectly executed!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh your quilled flowers are gorgeous!

Wanda G said...

Awesome Quilling!

Allison R said...

Such beautiful cards! the 3D basket is amazing!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

love the quilling

luvhymns said...

What a labor of love. The flowers are exquisite and the basket so real looking.

CuteCuteWorld said...

Beautiful cards! I haven't tried quilling yet but your projects make me want to start. Thanks! :)

Unknown said...

Pretty cards, i love the quill style. TFS 8o)

Britta Swiderski said...

Your quilling is awesome! I've never actually tried adding quilling to a card, but I think I need to try it out. I'll check out the tutorial link you posted and give it a try. Thank you so much for joining us on the Young Crafters Unite blog hop!

Sue D said...

Beautiful quilled cards--that is something I have been meaning to try.

Elaine U. said...

I love quilling too. But I'm not that great. Thanks for the inspiration!
-Elaine Uhl
http://createNstamp.blogspot.com/

BethL said...

thanks for a great project they are awesome!!!

bethL
toothlesschef at comcast dot net

Stephanie Y. said...

I love paper quilling, it adds such an elegant 3D touch to a card

mtscrapgal said...

I'm impressed wiwth your quilling. Beautiful work. Thanks

Kim Mraz said...

ohhh, I love quilling, your project has inspired me to dabble in it a little more :) Beautiful projects!!

Rebecca T said...

Very neat. I didn't even really know what quilling was.

Cheryl said...

Both cards are beautiful! Your 3d basket of flowers is amazing. I am really interested in quilling but haven't tried it yet.

Thank you for posting my blog candy in your side bar. Good luck in the draw!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! What a cute set of cards!! I LOVE all of the little flowers and that basket!! THANKS for sharing!! Have a FABULOUS DAY!! =)

Santhosh Kumar. S said...

Beautiful cards. Nice color combinations. You have a brilliant talent in you. Really appreciate your work. And ha. please do checkout my handmade cards at www.eigth.in