Hi!
Today I’m here to share a card I made for a challenge at create. The challenge is to make accordion folded flowers. I kept to the same technique and also made accordion folded leaves and a butterfly. I wish I could add a tutorial here, but there has been no connectivity all day and now that it’s finally here, I’m posting in a hurry hoping that I’ll be just on time to link up to create after all the effort I put in to make this card.
The papers used are a gift wrap paper for the flower and colored A4 papers for the flower center, leaves and butterfly. The basic requirement to make all three is a rectangular piece of paper, scored to form the accordion fold. In addition, to make the flower, I glued a thin strip of yellow paper along one edge before folding and after joining to form a circle, cut it to reveal petals and added a bead in the centre to cover the space. For the leaves after the accordion fold was made, it was folded in half (like a fan), the edges that met were glued then cut into leaves. To make the butterfly, I drew a symmetrical design in red, folded, tied it in the centre with brown cord for the antennae and body, cut into shape, then lightly colored the edges of the wings. The background paper is white card stock dabbed with distress ink and layered over red card stock. The sentiment is stamped, the frame around it is a rub on and the ribbon is from my stash. I hope you’ll like my new creation.
I’m also entering this card into the following challenges:
Color Throwdown – Color challenge #149
Digi Design House - Handmade Flowers

16 comments:
Such gorgeous flowers. Thank You for dropping by Leanne.Do cheer up about craft materials. Its fun to be a frugal crafter.
You flowers are wonderful, great card! Thank you so much for joining us at CCC. Hugs and Good Luck!
Very pretty! and love your flowers and especially the leaves. I'm looking forward to the tutorial.
Such a cute and lovely card!
Looks fantastic. Love those flowers.
Hugs Mrs A.
Hey Leanne,
so glad you got your card done on time and Congrats on making it into the gallery.
Thank you so much for entering my giveaway as well,hope you will keep on entering and thanks for adding it to your sidebar as well
Gorgeous!!!
Paula
Whooo Hoooo! Just saw your card featured :>)
You always amaze, what a shape on these :>)
Such a pretty card. Love how you used the technique.
this looks fantastic! too bad about your internet, hope when all's fine you can do your tutorial :)
This is gorgeous Leanne, really lovely.
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx
Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.
love your creative take on the accordian flower!!!
hugs
Your card is gorgeous, and just love the accordion flowers.
Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.
How fun are these flowers and leaves?!?! Thanks for playing with Digi Design House this week!
Beautiful flowers, thanks for playing with us at Digi Design HOuse.
what a stunning card. Thanks for joining us over at CCC, good luck.
Elke XX
Post a Comment