Hello!
Today I’m very excited as I finally made a stamped card. Yes, I stamped for the first time. That’s because I received the first stamp set I won in a giveaway at Ladybug Crafts. Thanks Samantha I think stamping is fun and I love the way this card turned out.
The image is from Humphreys Corner collection by Crafters Companion. I stamped it without any block as I don’t have one yet and I was impatient to try it out. My daughter coloured Humphrietta (as she named her) for me using Faber Castell colour pencils and outlined it with a black pointer, and I punched around the oval shape. To keep to Nina Brackett’s current sketch at Card Patterns, I used the polka dotted paper from India , part of a doily, diagonally striped ribbon and added the sentiment. It was stamped using the same stamp set, outlined it with a red pointer (my DD did that too) and I added a gift shape confetti. The sentiment looked much better below the image, but as I’d already twisted the sketch I was unsure if I could change the placement of the sentiment. Please do let me know in your comments if I could have done it or not. I’m new at sketch challenges.
I’m entering this card into the following challenges:
CardPatterns – Sketch 121
Craft your passion challenges – Seeing Red
Simply Sunday Challenge at K Andrew – Use a pen
Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog – Simply Red
Creative stamp Friends – Dots
Crafty Cardmakers – Spots & Stripes
Stamps R Us – Little Girl

24 comments:
What cute, cute card and sounds like there was great team work going on as well, how fun. Thank you for joining us at Stamps R Us.
You did a fantastic job doing so...love your image, coloring...love your adorable card. Great job. TFS! ~Shen
wowo!! your 1st stamp set!! you did a great job!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge.
Kathy
GCDTM
http://scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com
beautiful Leanne.
Great card, I just love these Humphrey's Corner stamps, I have been using them alot since I got them!
Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx
This is lovely Leanne! Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns!
Leanne so glad you posted this card. I am a complete novice to stamping and I also won some clear stamps and thought I needed blocks to stamp. I think like you I will try without the block!
Well done Leanne, you have done wonderful job, gorgeous card, fab colouring, I bet your hooked now :o)
Kevin xx
Leanne, you (and your DD) did a WONDERFUL job!! I LOVE your card!! I had to laugh when I read that you stamped it without a block -- While we were on vacation, I picked up some stamps and couldn't wait to try 'em out -- NO blocks though!! I dug through my in-laws' cupboards and found a glass plate!! hee hee... Worked perfect (though they all laughed at me)!! :) Thanks for the FUN memory!!
Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Getting Cricky DTM
Fantastic job with the stamping! It turned out perfect!
Thanks for linking up with Getting Cricky!
JulieK- Getting Cricky DTM
http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/
What a cute card. Great job on the challenge. Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com
What a cute card. Great job on the challenge. Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com
Adorable!
Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky!
Big Cricky Hugs,
K Andrew
www.gettingcricky.com
Great job for your first time stamping! I never would have known :) Thanks for joining us this Sunday at Getting Cricky!
~Hugs~
Becky - Getting Cricky DTM
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com
Really adorable, the image is too cute ;)
Thanks so much for joining us at Creative stamp Friends,
Michi
Awww I loved coming here and seeing Humphrey's corner stamp. My boys have a book we read every night and the characters are too cute. Love your card. Chloe - Getting Cricky Guest Designer
Great job. Watch out because those stamps become addictive once you start but they are oh so fun.
Precious Hugs
That holographic ribbon is stunning it really highlights the quilled flower...gorgeous!!
Your stamping is just great on this project,you must be happy that you finally gave it a go.It's also nice that you get your daughter involved in your projects
Sweet card - Thank you for taking part in Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #49
A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors.
Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.
A nice greeting Andrea from germany
Gorgeous card Leanne, wow your first go at stamping is just perfect :)
hugs Mandy xx
what a cute little elephant
Thanks for linking up at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x
Adorable card, and for first time stamper.. you rock..
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx
Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.
Post a Comment