"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

I'm back!

Hello!
      My sincere apologies to most of my lovely friends here for not visiting you’ll. It’s been a while since I last posted too. January didn't start off very well for me. First I had problems with the internet connection for almost 10 days. No sooner that was sorted out, my 'C' drive crashed due to which, I lost a lot stuff including family pics and some favorite links I'd bookmarked. Next, I was down with "The Flu", which really drained me out L. I finally recovered over the weekend and I'm back with a love card J.


The base of the card is pearlised cardstock which I manually embossed with improvised tools (a heart shaped paper clip & the back of a pen :D) It’s my first attempt at embossing and I’m quite pleased with the  result. The two hearts cut out from gold cardstock, were layered. One with canvas used for cross stitch and the other with handmade choir paper with a little glitter sprinkled over it. The hearts were then overlapped and tied with gold cord along with a handmade charm (bubble stick-on over ‘50’ printed on gold card) Used a heart border punch to make the lacy border below. The sentiment was printed and I designed and embossed my little tag with the heart shaped paper clip.
      I’ve no clue when I’ll be back here with another card as the next two weeks will be busy with my BIL here from Canada. Besides, my computer has also been working with fits and starts. I’ve been told that the ‘C’drive has some bad sectors and needs to be replaced. I will have it done hopefully soon and then try my best to visit a few of you each day. Until then take care and happy crafting. 

I’m entering this card into the following challenges:

Southern Girls Challenge – Dry Embossing
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
KB Challenges - Hearts 
Crafty Hos' Challenge Blog - No Designer Paper
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Love is in the Air
Fresh Brewed Blog - Anniversary
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Love is in the Air
PaperCrafting Journey – Love is in the Air
Stamping Vacation - Heart/ Border punch/Black sentiment
CCEE Stampers – Punches 

41 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! Thank you for playing The KB Cute Monday Challenge :)

Courtney said...

This is gorgeous Leanne! Thanks for playing along with our “Hearts a Flutter” Challenge this week at Penny’s. Good Luck!

Courtney~

Jill said...

Lovely card! Really like your background of hearts as well. Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

Heather said...

Oh Leanne I do hope life soon settles down for you!!
Fabulous card, I love how you treated those hearts to get the fantastic finish on them.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful elegant card! The embossing is great. You are very inventive to do it like that!
Real handwork!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
marianne

MiniOwner said...

That's lovely! Thanks for taking up our love challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Poppet said...

A beautiful and elegant card Leanne. The embossing detail you have achieved with a pen and paperclip are fabulous. The heart made of Adia is unique to me and looks amazing.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at the Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Cor* said...

Gorgeous. I really like the soft suede colors . Makes me wanna reach out and touch it! Great job! Enjoy your brother's visit. Take your time! blogland will always be here waiting! Thanks so much for participating in our PICK 3 Challenge for Feb. over at SV. You now have an entry towards the $25.00 gift certificate to a store of your choice!!Rock On!

Jackie said...

This is totally sweet, I love what you did with this! Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Ho Challenge this week, I hope to see you again!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/pixie-dust-paperie-february-kit.html

Stacy said...

WOW! You are so crafty! Who needs fancy tools you got it all covered here! I love your beautiful card! Very elegant! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

suzARTe said...

Leanne,
this card is really lovely. Embossing is always fun.

I hope you have a nice time with your BIL and that your internet problems are sorted out and stay away from the flu.

It is still very very very hot in Sydney, hope it cools down soon.

Saskia said...

Beautiful card! Great to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Flutterby Trina said...

beautiful, thanks for joining us at papertake weekly! good luck

xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a sweet and beautiful card. LOVEly!!!

Thank you for participating in the Fresh Brewed Challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

Cute Card n in time for Valentines Day too!! Like the embossed hearts...i need to try that out!!

Darlene said...

Beautiful creation Leanne! I hope February is a better month for you!

Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's and we hope to see you again next challenge with another inspirational creation!

Viv said...

Wow! Love your improvised heart embossing! Gorgeous card.
Thanks for playing at Southern Girls!
Viv :)

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Leanne love the colours and the gorgeous design.
Thank you for joining us over at Papertake.

Hugs Linda

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us over at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Kendra

Mina said...

I love this beautiful clean and simple card Leanne, its so striking and elegant, its fab to see you back and creating
Mina xxx

karenw said...

what an awful week, I hop you at least get everything back from your c drive and of course that you feel better quickly!

Love the card, the heartss are wonderful.

thanks for playing with us at southern girls xx

SUGANTHI said...

Hi Leanne, I am so glad you always say so much about how you make your cards. I admire your imagination and creativity, I will try your ideas.This is a beautiful card. I am sure it looks fabulous in person.

Lori Aragon said...

Beautiful card Leanne! So elegant :)
Thanks so much for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays For a Sweetheart Challenge!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Your card is lovely - the detail is awesome! I hope that you soon feel much better and that your computer problems are solved!

Wishing you a great week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

PCJ said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at PCJ for our Love is in the Air Challenge and hope to see you back for the next challenge too!

Lisa x

~Tammy~ said...

Glad you're back! This is beautiful!!! You are always so creative!

Erum Tasneem said...

You recovered from all that and still managed to get this gorgeous beauty done! I can send you some embossed panels. Email me your address, this will be the first time I wont have to be worried about postage! :) I cam by your blog many times but there were no new postings so I left just like that!

Anonymous said...

This is so elegant and the color scheme is just perfect.
Thank you so much for joining in Getting Cricky Across the 50 Hop. I'm excited to get to know you--and am a folloewr now.

Cricky Chirps and Hugs,
K Andrew

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a beautiful project, thanks for sharing!
And thanks for the shout out for Pixie, good luck with round 5 giveaway!

Yvonne Russell said...

Pleased to see you back and feeling better.

Such an elegant card and wow, so many challenges. Good luck. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Ann said...

Hi Leanne - thanks for visiting my blog & all your lovely comments. Good luck with the blog candy!!
Love your card, it's very pretty...hope you're over the flu too. Hugs, Ann xx

Helen said...

A lot of labor and love put into these beautiful cards. Your first attempt at embossing really turned out to be a big hit. Just awesome.
Very creative and always coming out with beautiful ideas.
Way to go...:)

Jaya Christina said...

wow! Gorgeous indeed! love the hand embossed hearts. Very very stylish

Thanks for playing along at CraftyJC Challenge

Happy Valentine's Day

Jaya Christina said...

And thanks for dropping by! You are sooo welcome to come and play along with us - with other crafters in :)

Michelle said...

Hi Leanne

Absolutely beautiful and stylish card. I am so impressed by your creativity.

All to often we feel we have to go out and buy all the latest tools and gadgets and here you have shown that with a bit of effort and creative thinking the same stunning results can be achieved.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday.

Michelle :-)

Celine & Denny said...

Simply fantastic. A lot of inspiration, talent and inventiveness goes along with your love and patience for your craft.

Sudha said...

lovely creation dear.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is beautiful!!! I find it hard to sometimes incorporate metalics on cards, but you have created one that has elegance and beauty!

Thanks for playing along at the Fresh Brewed Designs Month Long Prize challenge for February!

MANSI said...

lovely CAS card,thanx for playinh along in crafty JC.

Shalini said...

what an elegant card... thanks for joining in @ the crafty jc challenge...