Hello!
Here's a new card to welcome a new baby girl and a warm welcome to all my new blogging friends.
I enjoy making shaped cards. When I first began blogging, I’d seen a simple ‘U’ shaped bib card on some blog and felt like making one my own way, when my cousin had her baby, 'Jane'.
To make this, I drew a ‘U’ shape, and then drew scallops around it using the template of different sized circles as a guide. Drawing the inner shape was no easy task at all. I have no clue as to how many paper drafts I made and discarded until I was satisfied. Yes, I’m a very determined crafter. If I have pictured a certain way of doing something, I have to do it, no matter what. Well, having done my paper drafts, I cut the outer shape on a piece of folded card stock and the inner shape on a chequered paper recently sent from India, using my only and favorite tool “scissors”. New rub-on transfers sent from Canada were used to embellish it. I had to slightly cut the center scallop in order to make the card stand.
For the inside, I used paper of a lighter shade to print the verse, made and cut the shape in the same way and lightly highlighted the scalloped edge with a color pencil.
Many thanks for all your wonderful comments which will certainly impel me to create more. I’d like to add, that soon I’ll be launching another blog to share all kinds of crafts. So, be sure to visit again.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Quirky Crafts - New beginnings
Crafty Hos' - Babies
Try It On Tues. - New Beginnings
The Crazy Challenge - All Things New
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - New Beginnings
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - New Beginnings
Ai Factory - New Beginnings
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Rainbow Ladies - Something New
Dutch Dare - New Beginnings
Paper Play - Clean & Simple
Praire Fairy - New Beginnings
Delicious Doodles - Something New
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - New Beginnings
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - New Beginnings
Ai Factory - New Beginnings
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Rainbow Ladies - Something New
Dutch Dare - New Beginnings
Paper Play - Clean & Simple
Praire Fairy - New Beginnings
Delicious Doodles - Something New
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Anything Goes
The Creative Cottage - Something New


72 comments:
Wow a gorgeous card a great shape.xxx
Hi Leanne
Fantastic card!!
You are certainly a determined lady. Well worth the effort for sure.
I'm sure this card will be appreciated and treasured.
Thank you for linking up to Make it Monday this week.
I look forward to your new blog.
Michelle :-)
Very very nice and so innovative.
WOW! What a wonderful project! I love it and think it will be perfect for lots of wonderful new babies, Baby Showers and gifts!
You are very talented and I'm happy to have found your blog from Feline Playful.
Happy Crafting and keep up the great projects!!
Lisa
Gorgeous little "bib" card , So pretty
Thnaks for joining us at LCI this week
Good luck
Lisa ;)
Super sweet and so cute!
very cute card.
Found your blog on feline playful.
Great card, the shape gives the simple design a real wow factor! Have found your blog through Feline Playful and have become a follower so I can pop by again. You might be interested in a new challenge blog starting here at the beginning of February. Hope to see you there!
Jenni x
Hi Leanne,
This is totally adorable!!
xx.
Hello! I am stopping by for the Feline Playful give/receive a comment game and have become a follower. Hope to see even more of your great creations throughout 2011!
This is a wonderful shaped card. Just love how feminine it is. Thanks for sharing!
Your Feline Playful friend, Shelley
Lovely cards, it was a pleasure "walking" through your blog! A late Happy New Year and a toast to a creative 2011!
Liefs, Renata
Very pretty card, love the shape. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky
How creative and very clever, its a fabulous card.
Shell xx
Hi Leanne
Happy New Year . Came here from Feline Playful. Great cards.
Hello Leanne,
Have arrived here via Feline Playful as it is day 6 and am now a follower too.
Like your bib card very unusual and novel shape. You are a girl after my own heart if it takes 1/2hr cool, if it take 6hrs so be it.
New blogg sounds interesting.
Beautiful shaped card, thankyou for joining us this week at Try it on Tuesdays.
such a super cute baby card and I love your iris folding card as well! I am a new follower thru Feline! Great inspiration here...Thanks!
Great idea! Came over from FP and have become a follower.
Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Woodware USA this week!
Found you through Feline Playful. Terrific Blog!
Happy New Year!!!
Cute baby card!
Happy crafting,
Your Feline friend,
Farrah
Super cute creation! Came via Feline Playful. I am a follower now :)
It's a great shaped card and a pretty "new day" photo. I'm here on the Feline Playful blog hop.
wow, that project is awesome Leanne! well done!!
I`m stopping by from Feline Playful!
xxx
Vivi
Greetings Leanne! Your work is brilliant. I would never get anything finished if I did as much hand work as you. I do admire that kind of talent and perseverence. I'm another new friend and follower from Feline Playful. See you again soon, and Happy New Year!!
I am hopping over from Feline Playful to visit your blog and become a follower. I have so enjoyed viewing your blog. You truly are a talented crafter/artist. I just marvel at you projects. I wish you all the best in 2011 and please let me know when you begin your new blog.Please remember: Never Give Up Your Dreams! Hugs
Nice card! and shaped so well and thanks for telling how you did it.
this is adorable! are you living in Pakistan at the moment?
Wow... very nice project! Thanks for sharing. I am from Feline Playful and am now a follower. Wishing you a Happy New Year!
Fantastic shaped card - all those drafts def' paid off !
Thanks for joining in with us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx
What a great card - love the "bib" shape - excellent idea for a baby card. Thanks also for joining the Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge. Sharon
Hi Leanne ..you have a beautiful blog..certainly gives us inspiration..
Found you thro' Feline Playful.. I am now a Feline follower!
Happy New Year!
hugs
Wow! So cute! Thanks for joining in with us at Quirky Crafts
Love your blog. Found it on FP. I am now a follower. Hug Anita
A fab baby bib card. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky x
Aww so cute! I love the bib shape :)
Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
-Sarah
beautiful creation.......I'm here following Feline Playful
xxx Margreet
you have some gorgeous work on your blog! I'm visiting from Feline Playful, and have become a new follower :) Gemma x
Very clever idea for a baby card!
Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's New Beginnings Challenge this time round!! Happy New Year
(Lyn)
gorgeous card great idea thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx
Great card Leanne, your dedication was well worth the effort!! Thank you for joining in at Ladybug Crafts Ink this week :-)
Sue xx
Hiya Leanne,
Oh so cute, love your design & determination.
Congratulations & welcome to baby "Jane" she will adore her card!
Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx
Hi! I am visiting from the Feline Playful give a comment - receive a comment event. I am now a follower! I wish you a Happy New Year filled with lots of crafting time.
Super card great shape and perfect for the new little one. Thanks for your entry Love Cynthia x
Very cute card, Thanks so much for joining us at Southern Girls Challenges I hope to see you again.
~Patricia
SGC DT
Gorgeous card, loving that pink. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)
hiya, back with my DT hat on! Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes challenge at One Stitch at a Time! Gemma :)
Hi Leanne.........I'm here again, but now following Fairy Fun Fridays....your shaped card is fab....thanks for playing with us!
xxx Margreet
WOW Love the card its super, Thanks for playing along on Rainbow Ladys Challenge and Crafty Sentiments. Hazelxox
lovely card
Thanks for playing along with Delicious Doodles this week
Allisonx
great baby card...thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.
fi
Very creative! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week.
This is adorable! I love shaped easel cards. Thanks for sharing your talent in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Southern Girls. Good Luck!
Alicia xx
What a great card. Thanks for sharing with us over at Delicious Doodles this week. x
Very cute card!! Thanks so much for joining the first challenge at Send A Smile 4 Kids!
what a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining our 1st challenge at Send A Smile 4 Kids challenge blog
Fab card! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and good luck
Claire xx
Fab shaped card & very, very creative!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
Lovely, thanks for joining in at Crazy Challenge this week
Wow what a brill card and so much time to do the template, well done and thanks playing along with Try it on Tuesday
hugs
Ildiko
Fabulous card! Love the bib shape! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Your passion, in our "anything Goes" challenge, and Good Luck!
A great shaped card. Well done for persevering, it was worth it. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge.
Jen x
What a fab, fun card! I do love a shaped card, I just did one in the shape of a babygrow, so you're a girl after my own heart!!Thanks for playing along with us at Southern Girls. Hope to see you again. Marie x
So cute!!! I'm popping over from Feline Playful, can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2011
Super shaped card, thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge.
Christine x
Really cute project.How clever to create your own template.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x
Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x
What a brilliant shaped card, perfect for a new baby. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
Kim xXx
Awesome shaped card. Thanks for playing with us at AiFactory.
Lawren
This is surely an adorable lill bib card. You have put in great effort to make it perfect shape. TFS.
I have found your blog on Feline's playful. Sorry for the late visit :). I am a new follower.
Hugs, Neeti
Leanne, this is great and so creative!!! Hope your New Year is going well!
Post a Comment