"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Iris Fold Star

Hi !
I'm back with another Christmas card. Slowly but surely making them.



I've made several Iris folded cards in the past. Pity I never pictured them. 
The star here is made using gold paper of 3 textures.
The background paper is foil printed handmade paper and the Nativity picture is from an old card.
Sorry once again the picture quality is poor.

This card will be linked to the following challenges:
Paper Play Challenges - Let it Snow
Meljen's Design's - Sparkle & shine
Totally Papercrafts -  Snowflakes
Ellephantastic Challenges – Christmas
Our Daily Bread - Holiday Card
Daring Cardmakers – 3 of something
ABC X'mas Challenge - X- X'mas
Crafty Calendar – Snowflakes
Scrappy Frogs - Christmas
2 Sisters Challenge - Snowflakes

36 comments:

Annette22 said...

what a elegant card, great design

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge

hugs

Annette

Anonymous said...

Hello a very beautiful card and a great design.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge
Hugs Karla

Jill said...

Gorgeous folded card! Thanks for playing at Ellephantastic this week and hope to see you next time. Jill

Bianca said...

This is very beautifull and stuning! I love the golden paper layers very much. I have used this technic one time but it was not this perfect as yours! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

SUGANTHI said...

Elegant card and the folds neatly done. Love the glitter.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love the folded gold paper ,,, it frames the image beautifully :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp TPC and ABC Xmas Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Diane said...

A wonderful and unusual card! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Diane x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very elegant. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Nela said...

Totally adorable!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, very elegant!

Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Anne said...

Great card, love the design
Thanks for playing along with TPC this week and good luck
Anne x

Donna said...

Very pretty! I love the iris fold and all the snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with the "cold" challenge at Delightful Challenges.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how depressing...only 34 days until Christmas....Your star is gorgeous! How creative and beautiful.
Beautiful Holiday creation. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow stunning, thanks so much for joining us with this super card, hugs Liz xx

Hands On said...

Simply beautiful card. That star is just wonderful. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a beautiful card. This technique looks stunning and I love the textures.
Thanks for joining our 'Snow & Snowflakes' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card and love the iris folding star.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Dorte said...

Gorgous foldet card. It is beautiful and elegant. Had to find a tutorial on the www. Looks great.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
hugs Dorte

darling Ho said...

So pretty design!! It's amazing!
Thanks for join us at FTC, hope to see you next time.
~darling Ho~FTC DT

Anita said...

Very stunning card. I love the gold and that technique is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at MelJen's Designs.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful and unique what a great design!

Jóna said...

Lovely card !

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best, hop to see you again.

I am posting this to all those I comment on, so you might have got this before, if so I hope it’s ok to get it again :D
I am one of the DT members at DDSB and I want to tell you about group I have opened at PCP “Fan’s of Digi Doodle Shop” and you are so very welcome to join us there :D
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/fansofdigidoodleshop

All the best to you, Jóna

Vanja said...

This is beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges. :)

hugs, Vanja

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is absolutely beautiful! Do you have a tutorial?

Wishing you a lovely weekend!

Barbara Diane

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card!! Great take on the X Challenge! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge! We have another fun one for you that started today. We hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
ABC Christmas Challenge DT

Anne said...

Leanne congratulations on your win, you need to email me your full name and address so I can post your candy! My email addy is on my blog
Hugs
Anne

Doreen said...

Fabulous card.I have popped over from Feline Playful and am now a follower.xxx

Sudha said...

Beautiful works n Beautiful blog too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card...I am a from Feline Playful and a new follower

Helen said...

Hi Leanne,
Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I love this Irish folding star and had wanted to make one for a long time. You did a wonderful job! Love the colors that you used.

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with all of us at Feline Playful! Wishing you all sorts of crazy creativity in 2011. I’m loving your blog and am now a follower.
Hugs, Karen
www.felinecreative.blogspot.com

Debra said...

Beautiful card! I found you through Feline Playful and I am a new follower. I look forward to your inspiration!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

I have never tried an iris folder card.. it's so beautiful, I love the depth it adds to the card! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Issues!

xoxo
Leah

Leanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.