Hello Friends,
The Stay Crafty challenge for August is watercolor. Once again, I created this shimmery and colourful panel using soap bubble art. With great difficulty, I managed to capture the shimmer in the last picture with different lighting.
Products used:
#heroarts sentiment die, watercolors, gold acrylic paint & tiny punched circles for bling.
The bubbles were made by blowing into the soap solution with a straw, gently transferring them onto watercolour paper, then touching the bubbles with colour. This time, it was done in layers, so the colors overlapped & the final layer was bubbles with gold acrylic paint, which, besides giving the shine, worked as a fixative.
Challenges entered:
#staycrafty - watercolor background
#sunbirdsparkreate - make it shine
#colorfuloptions - vibrant colors
#paperfunday - anything goes
#wordartwednesday - anything goes
Have a great day.
Leanne

4 comments:
What a stunning background. The gold letters are also beautiful. Your card is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful to have you play along with us, and I hope you'll join us again real soon.
Have a blessed and creative week!
Karen L
Owner, Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
@karenletchworth
Wow = this is amazing Leanne - loving your bubble backgrounds, and the gold shimmer can be seen. Thanks for the tip about layering the colours by letting things dry between applications
Blessings
Maxine
Fantastic card, Leanne! I love your watercoloring technique with the bubbles! I see the gold in there too. What a clever idea! It pairs perfectly with the glittery sentiment and gold dots too. Definitely a "Wowza" card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We really appreciate you! :)
Fantastic water technique! I actually learned this technique at a Hero Arts mixed media course. Adding the gold is such a nice touch! Beautiful colours and card. Thank you for joining the challenge at A Blog Named Hero! ❤️
Post a Comment