"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Season's Tweetings!

Hello Friends,

Today I was in the mood to ink blend a scene in the background of these two sparrows. I came up with the idea of Christmas in summer so I can send it to my family in New Zealand.






Products used:
#lawnfawn (Winter Sparrows- stamp & dies), #firecrackerdesigns retd. (seagulls, clouds & grass stamps), #rangerdistress inks, #nuvo creative pen (for birds), #catherinepoolerinks (for stamping) & glitter.

DIY stencils were used to mask and ink-blend the sections. The grass & clouds were stamped. The branch & leaves were die cut from color cardstock & shaping tools were used to give dimension to both. The sparrows were stamped, colored, die-cut & fussy cut to get rid of the white edges. Glitter mixed with liquid glue was painted over the accessories. The branch & leaves were glued white dimnsional foam was used for the sparrows. To add a coarse texture to the land, stippling was done with ink & a stencil brush. Finished off with stamped sesgulls & a sentiment.

Challenges entered:
#timeout - photo inspiration (sky, clouds, blue, brown)
#asyoulikeit - favourite season (Christmas because it's a joy-filled season that commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ, the core of my faith) 
#parkhopping - inspired by 'The Enchanted Tiki Room'
#colorfuloptions - Hawaii skies
#wordartwednesday - anything goes

Have a lovely day.
Leanne

4 comments:

Carol said...

I see the colors from our photo in your card and like how you made this a Christmas card in summer for your family down under. Thank you for playing along with us at Time Out!

Barb Finnical said...

Such a sweet card, Leanne. And it's so very thoughtful to create a Christmas in summer card for your family in New Zealand. They will love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday! We really appreciate your work!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that you gave your Christmas card a summer vibe for your Kiwi family :)
Although I have known winter Christmas cards all my life, Christmas has always been summer for me, here in NZ. I can't imagine a winter Christmas
Blessings
Maxine

Carrianne said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Colorful Options.