"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Soap Bubble Art

Hi friends,

A few months ago, I saw a video on IG about soap bubble art. Fascinated, I gave it a try. This is my second card using the technique. Capturing the effect with all the gold shimmer was difficult, but I did manage to get only one section with gold bubbles. 





Products used:
#altenew (Hawaiian Coral stamps & die) #ranger distress ink (tea dye & tattered rose for background color) #catherinepooler inks, gold acrylic paint (bubbles, edge & splatters) watercolour paper, dishwashing liquid & sequins. 

The bubbles were made by blowing into the soap solution with a straw, gently transferring them onto watercolour paper, then touching the bubbles with colour. I used a mix of distress inks for the sand colour.  

Challenges entered:
#altenew - inspiration (image below)
#sssmonday - splatters
#diecutdivas - die cut & 3 colours
#colorfuloptions - summer colours (orange, yellow, green, sand)
#paperfunday - anything goes
#wordartwednesday - anything goes


Have a great Sunday.
Leanne

8 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

What a lovely card. I'm guessing this is even more stunning in real life with that amazing gold accent. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate you very much and hope that you'll join us again soon. Blessings.

kiwimeskreations said...

I have used this technique using food colouring in the bubbles, not colouring the bubbles on the paper. This is a beautiful card Leanne
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Finnical said...

Wonderful card Leanne! I didn't notice the bubbles right away, but glad you mentioned them and included that last picture. The gold looks amazing. I did this technique with my kids when I was homeschooling them. I never thought about doing it on a card. So fun! It's always nice to have a new technique to try that doesn't cost a lot. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Word Art Wednesday. We really appreciate you!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful!! Thanks for linking up to our June challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Donna Walls said...

That's a cool technique and one I'll have to try. You've created a gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenges
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Classic Design Challenge

Arlene said...

Beautiful flowers. So glad to see the colors you used on your card met our Color Challenge at Die Cut Divas. Arlene, DT

Vicky Wright said...

Love the technique & lovely card. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Funday Challenges.

Alyson Mayo said...

This is very pretty and I love the background! Thanks for sharing with us at Beautiful Blossoms :)