"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Falliday Fest- Joy Fold Card

Hello Friends!
    I hope you are well wherever you are with the weather changing. I had a very busy time while my BIL was here with us and managed to make just one card to send back with him to Toronto for his sis & my SIL Celine, a victim of terminal ovarian cancer. I took time to make this card for her knowing it will be her last. She will receive my card in hand on Oct 30, when the family meet before she goes to hospice. 
    Splitcoaststampers had a Falliday Fest with 30 challenges from 9th to 22nd Oct, just the time I was busy. Making a joy fold card was one of the challenges. I followed some tutorials available online and made this card in shades of lavender. The colour that represents all cancers. See cancer colour chart HERE.
 
Supplies used: 
on card front
Itsy Bitsy dp (background)
Cuttlebug-Pretty posies folder (embossed background)
MFT die-namics-Mini rolled roses
Martha Stewart-Flower shower border punch (tiny flowers)
Michael's-die cut foam sticker leaf sprigs
A Creative Journey-Awareness ribbon set #2 (vase)
acetate sheet-recycled from a stamp (vase)
Staz-on ink (for acetate vase)
Chameleon pens (vase, leaves & tiny flowers)
Taylored Expressions-Embrace beauty (sentiment)
Brilliance-Pearlescent lavender (sentiment)
die cut label from RAK
Recollections-dimensional butterfly sticker
Zig 2way glue pen
foam tape
inside the cards
Our Daily Bread Designs-ornamental crosses
Scriptures for Cancer fighters HERE
Healing Petition HERE
    The size of the finished card was 5.5" x 7.5" and 4.5' x 6.5"(smaller card). The narrow fold of the larger card was 3" wide. After cutting the cards to size, the printed background paper was adhered on the larger card. The scripture verses were edited to the desired size in word then printed. Likewise, the healing petition was changed to second person singular then printed and the cross was die cut. (Links of both are added above). Both the printouts and the embossed floral background were adhered to the cards after writing in it.
    For the focal image, the awareness ribbon was stamped on acetate and fussy cut. Then partly coloured in a blue Chameleon pen to depict water and shaped with a flower tool for dimension. The arrangement was made with die cut leaf sprigs coloured with a green Chameleon pen, quilled roses and tiny flowers from a border punch. The vase was secured in place with the glue pen and leaves. Then adhered to the larger card. The card was finished with the stamped sentiment label adhered in place with foam tape and a dimensional yellow butterfly (to symbolize hope) to hold the card corner.
I'm entering this card into challenges at...
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ch - anything goes
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge - anything goes
http://addicted-to-stamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk - lots of layers
http://cardztv.blogspot.com - anything goes 3D
Thanks for visiting. I will visit you all soon.
Leanne

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The flowers are gorgeous!! I love the design and the details!! I'm so sorry about your SIL. This will bring her comfort. Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

*Vicki* said...

Your card looks beautiful and I love how you've made your fold design. The flowers turned out amazing and what a thoughtful and caring design to share with someone special to you. HUGS

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW, Leanne...this is stunning. You've put so much work into this, and it's as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside. I absolutely LOVE your color choice, too. I'm just blown away with your amazing talents, and can't thank you enough for sharing with us. It's such a blessing to have you play along, and I sincerely hope that you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Leanne this is truly beautiful - inside and out. I am sure it will be treasured.
Blessings
Maxine

Tracy Freeman said...

Absolutely beautiful, the colours, the flowers and all the little touches are perfect.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week X

Mandy LaCroix said...

Beautiful, delicate, feminine card! :) So many great details.
Thanks for sharing it over at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge!

Mimi said...

Intricate and stunning! What a beautiful card.

Thanks for joining the Cardztv Design Team in our challenge!
Cathy
http://mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

suzARTe said...

I am sure your sister in law would love this beautiful and very special card, gorgeous details.
Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes October link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx