"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

No card but. . . .A Bed Caddy

Hello!
    Thanks for all your visits and encouraging comments on my posts last month. Believe me I made history on my blog last month...see blog archive on the right and also the achievements (challenges won) above that. It does feel good to craft and blog regularly and I'll try my best to continue to do so. Today I'm not going to share a card as I always did before, but a recycled project which I was actually supposed to share on Earth Day, but had browser issues. As I came across the ABC challenge that was perfectly fit for my post, I decided to share it today. So here's the bed caddy I made for my daughter.
Supplies used:
jeans, 2 buckles, button (recycled)
lining fabric
cord
elastic
velcro
flower stencil
pearlescent fabric paint
    Inspiration for this project was from various pics of bed caddy's from online sources. I made my own using jeans fabric from a long skirt my daughter wanted shortened, my son's outgrown jeans and husbands slightly stained jeans. That's why different shades of blue are seen. The largest pocket with a 3" base was lined with another fabric. The next broad pocket was flat. It was held shut with a jeans button & cord. Then there are four pockets clearly visible on the front and one on either side. The side visible with the bottle has a bit of elastic to hold the bottle snug. The pocket on the other side was from my husbands jeans pocket, gathered at the base and loose at the top. Eight compartments in all. To fit the caddy to the bed, I sewed a broad piece, attached some velcro as well as two buckles. The entire project was machine sewn and finished with stencilled flowers.
I'm entering this project into challenges at...
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge - home decor
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/category/events/work-it-wednesday - flowers
  
                                                       
     Apologies for the lack of images. I was so busy shopping, sewing and packing that I ended up taking these pics in her dorm room after it was set up. Besides, I never thought I'd post this on my blog as I have only posted cards all these years. Hope you like it.
Leanne

9 comments:

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Leanne, a wonderful gift for your daughter.
Pauline
x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great idea Leeanne - the caddy looks beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Samra said...

Nicely done!
Thank you for joining Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute
Hugs
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Lisa said...

What an absolutely fabulous caddy for your daughter!! It's so creative!! I love the pretty stenciled flowers!! What an awesome project this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pawsitively Creative said...

Creative and usable! Awesome sauce! I know from experience that dorm rooms are short on space so this is genius! Wonderful stencil along the bottom and I see that it even has a drink holder! Fantabulous! Bet your daughter enjoys this.

Thanks for joining in our "Earth Day" challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

Cec said...

What a fun and totally useful project. That will be well used. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
Hugs!
Cec

MaryH said...

Not only cute as can be, but also extremely useful to have. This would be terrific hanging on a recliner to keep tv remotes, etc. Or on your craft table for scissors, rulers, all kinds of crafty things to keep close to hand and off the table while still in view. Very clever and well done! TFS

Carol said...

What a fabulous project and great use of your stencils. Thanks for joining us this month at the Stencil Sunday Mixed Media challenge. Carol DT x

suzARTe said...

This is really great Leanne, you have done such a good job and I am sure your daughter loves it. Yes, it is a fantastic feeling to create and blog regularly, a sense of satisfaction, keep it going.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx