"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

HBD Balloons

Hello!
    It does feel good to blog regularly and I hope to continue so as I have several cards to share. Around Oct'15, I had to make a card for my son. I used the MFT sketch & color challenge inspiration to make the card, did not get to posting it on my blog, but did send him this card.

Supplies used:
watercolour paper
Ranger distress inks (salty ocean & mowed lawn)
Tsukineko Brilliance ink (pearl.crimson)
stamp from my RAK for design on the balloon (company unknown)
Heidi swapp-script words (sentiment)
Fashion cord 
bling
Zig 2way glue pen
foam tape
    I coloured a piece of watercolour paper with distress inks using the smooshing technique. Next, drew and cut balloon shapes, stamped the design at random, adhered to card with foam tape for dimension. Added the sentiment, cord, bling and lightly applied some blue distress ink around the edges. The fashion cord from India, is a multicoloured metallic thread that passes through a thin plastic tubing. This enabled me to turn the cord as I desired but had to use some Zig glue to hold it down in places.    
I'm entering this card into challenges at...
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge - birthday
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.co.uk - birthday
Thanks for visiting.
Leanne

6 comments:

MaryH said...

Love the way you've done these pretty balloons. Such a pretty card, with the balloon colors and patterns against the crisp white. Thanks for joining as a new follower, and I just became your newest follower. Will be giving you a welcome shoutout and linking to your blog on an upcoming post. (Have a few scheduled so it will be after those!) Perhaps _my_ friends can visit here and become _your_ new friends too! TFS & Hugs

Lisa said...

What a fabulous card this is!! I love the colors of the balloons!! They look so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Love those wonderful balloons!! Very cool!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Leanne.Those balloons make the best fun embellishments for this delightful birthday card .

susiestacey said...

Great card.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Birthday' challenge and good luck x Susan x

suzARTe said...

Keep up with the blogging Leanne, you can do it, we have to make time for the the enjoyable things in life. I love this card, the balloons look great with the squigly design and really stand out on the background, it's great to have you back.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx