I'm back today with a water coloured card. I last did water colouring while in school...over three decades ago! Never really enjoyed it as I always ended up smudging my work. I was aware it has been a new trend in card making for a while, but I was very reluctant to even try with fear of repeating the same mistake. After seeing THIS post by Ink Stains Roni, I was inspired to give it a try and while painting on Sunday, I could not believe it was actually me painting!!
Supplies used:
watercolour paperLefranc & Bourgeois pan watercolours
Lawn Fawn Stitched Journalling Card die
SRM sticker sentiment
bling
The painting was done on a 3.5"x 4.5" piece of watercolor paper which was later die cut. I followed the same techniques as Roni, except that I did it in one colour...first diluted, then direct from the pan set. To make the butterfly, I folded a 2"x2" pece of watercolor paper in half, drew the butterfly shape on one half, opened the fold, painted it black and let it dry. Next, I added thick blobs of paint on one side of the folded paper, folded it over the other half and pressed it together to obtain a symmetrical design. After it dried, I cut the folded half butterfly to add it to my card. This is what it looked like before I cut the butterfly...
I'm entering this card into the following challemges:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge - anything goes
I hope you like my card today. I'm hooked on watercoloring roses now and have already begun another piece. So be prepared to see more cards with watercoloured roses soon. As for the technique I used for the butterfly, it was one of the things I did as a school kid with watercolour tubes to make symmetrical abstract designs, just for fun.Thanks for visiting. Hope to be back at least once more this month.
Leanne



8 comments:
Your card is fabulous, your painted roses are beautiful.
Pauline
x
Good for you!!! That's a beautiful card and the addition of the butterfly is wonderful. I'm so glad it spurred you back into painting :) Have fun!!
What a lovely CAS take on the sketch. The blooms are so pretty and really remain the focus among all the white. Another great one for the YNS challenge!
Leanne what a sweet looking card and been peaking through your blog playing catch up all your creations are looking so wonderful hugs Nikki
Fabulous watercolor - love the vibrant colors! Thanks for playing along at Your Next Stamp.
This is so gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing!! The watercoloring is so fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Another very pretty card, I love the flowers and the accent of the butterfly.hanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes February link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx
how how beautiful! Love those beautiful flowers!
Post a Comment