I hope you are well wherever you are and the start of 2016 has been good so far. I lost my dad last week. He had a long life of 100 years and 3 months, was hospitalized for three days and passed away peacefully. He was waiting to be called by the creator a long time ago and the day finally dawned. The loss of a loved one hurts no doubt, but we are thankful for the long life he lived and the peaceful death he had.
I'm here today with a Valentines card I made yesterday mainly for challenges and then to send it to my daughter for her use.
Supplies used:
card stock - pink, red, white, brown
Unity stamp-You're a Hoot
Crayola fine tip markers
a pair of googly eyes
brown puffy paint & heat gun for branch
Ranger's glossy accents for leaves
foam tape to adhere owl
black Sharpie for sentiment
The heart, branch and leaves were drawn and fussy cut. The owl was also fussy cut. I achieved a light diamond pattern impression on the heart (only visible if you click on the card image) using the Big Shot and the lid of a plastic disposable food container. The sentiment was handwritten and the card was finished off by scoring two horizontal lines at the base of the card.
I’m entering this card into the following challenges…
http://www.cardchallenges.com – sketch
http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com - friendship
http://sharejoychallenge.blogspot.com - inspiration
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge - best friends
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge - best friends
I will be back soon with another Valentine's card. Thanks for stopping by.
Leanne


6 comments:
I am so, so sorry for your loss, Leanne. May your Dad rest in peace. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Your card is so adorable!! I love the sweet owl!! She makes me smile!!
I'm sorry again for your loss. Sending lots of comforting hugs,
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
What a sweet, sweet card! Loving that cute little owl and that super BIG heart....it's just wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Blog!
You put it so well about the loss of your dear dad. A centurian, wow, what an honour. Hope your mum is okay.
Your card is very pretty and I like the owls. There is something about owls on paper which makes them very likeable unlike in real life.
Take care and stay blessed,
Monica
I love this cute card- the layout- the angle of your heart is perfect!!!
I am sorry for your loss- and will keep you in prayers. How wonderful to pass peacefully after 100 years of life- that is quite impressive! I cannot imagine being that age- knowing all of the people my age that have passed have gotten to meet their maker and here I still am....at least that is the way I think! Guess I look forward to it with knowing it will be full of awe and joy!
I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. It is quite something to become 100 years old.
Such a sweet card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!
Such lovely bright colours on this card and I love the sentiment as well.hanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes February link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx
Post a Comment