"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

50th Birthday!

Hello all!
    Hope you'll are enjoying your Sunday. I've been busy completing my last few X'mas cards. Now I'll quickly share a card I made for my SIL in Canada whose b'day was last week.

The embossing is done on a panel of pearlised cardstock, using the Fiskars Scarpboss-border, frames and corner stencil set, which this same SIL recently got me. She just happened to see it at ?Michael's and picked it up. I do not have an embossing system. So, I used my mum's flower shaping tools instead. The 50 was manually cut, outlined with glitter glue and adhered with 3D foam tape. The edges of the panel were also outlined in a similar manner and layered on plain white card stock which was covered with a glitter border. I had to do this to save on pearlised card stock, which is not always available here. 
My SIL liked the card. I hope you'll like it too.
Hope to be back here soon.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

17 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

very nice, love the embossing, and the edges of the numbers!!!
Paula

Trish and Treasure said...

Love the embossing!

FerrellGraph-x said...

I'm so happy you shared your project with us at Papercraft Star! Your card is simply elegant!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Sylvia said...

How fun is this card, Leanne! so glad it is white so your sil can really celebrate her life.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful and elegant!!!

Sleepy Stamper said...

The embossing looks great on this classy card! I love the gold glitter around the 50! Thank you for joining us this week over a the Papercraft Star!

Anitra

Tracy said...

Bet your s-i-l loved all that sparkle and shimmer. :-) Thank you so much for playing the challenge this week at Papercraft Star!

SUGANTHI said...

Lovely card Leanne, I have always marveled at your ability with the scissors, The fifty looks so neat!!

Mandy said...

Lovely card,love the embossing...
Mandy x

Joey said...

Lovely card, love the glitter around the numbers, the embossing is fab, thanks for glittering it up with us at inky impressions. Joey x

Monica said...

So elegant. Of course she would like it.

xxx Monica

Crafty Loops said...

This is a beautiful card, I love the embossing and the gold glitter. Lee x

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Leaane love the glittered numbers and your gorgeous design looks terrific.
Hugs Linda

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the embossing and all the pretty sparkle!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

~Tammy~ said...

Wow, I think I only have 3 Christmas cards completed!

Beautiful embossing!

Unknown said...

I love the glitter round the numbers... Great idea!! Thanks for playing at inky impressions x x

Jan Hennings said...

A great card for celebrating #50! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my "Santa's Bringing A Train Load of Twine" project on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog! Good luck!