"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

My First Guest Designer Post

    I am very much delighted about my first guest designer post at Quirky Crafts offered on being the challenge winner. Thanks Caro and the entire designer team for this opportunity. This fortnight the challenge is for an Easter/Spring creation using sparkle and a punch. Digital Delights, the sponsor this fortnight, has generously provided the designer team with six digital images including 2 sentiments to choose from. The moment I saw the beautiful Easter dumpling image, I loved her and here she is. Isn’t she cute?



I made an egg shaped card. The background was colored on card stock and the Easter Dumpling image was printed and colored on art paper using soft pastels. Fixative spray is a requirement for this technique which gives it a glossy finish. The dumpling shows some texture as it was done on art paper. Punches were used for flowers, butterflies & bird & shaped for dimension. Glitter was used on ribbons, banner, butterflies (not visible) & flower centres. The cutie dumpling was cut and adhered with foam tape. The sentiment is the Easter scroll also from Digital Delights. The card was pictured against a black background not glued as it seems like it. 
Here’s another image to show the dimension.


    The colouring is actually done by my 16 yr old daughter Alisha, who has mastered the technique of using soft pastels and really enjoys it. Presently, her 'O' level/GCSE mock exams are on, but she obliged during her study break as she knows colouring is not my thing. She is already making plans for her vacation in June after her one month long final 'O' level exams. One of her plans is to do some artwork so, she’s asked me to download any pretty digi images I find for her. Do leave her some comments it may help motivate her further. She will most likely read them after she's through with the mocks this weekend.
    Besides entering it into Kristal’s Inspired heart challenge here,
I’m entering this card into the following challenges:
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com - Anything but a Square
    My apologies for the delay in posting this card as I had problems with the internet connection again!!! My sincere apologies also go out to my 32 friends (see this post) who I haven’t yet visited for the same reason. I will surely drop by your blogs ASAP.

43 comments:

Helen said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer, Leanne! The card is very cute.

Unknown said...

Super cute. Tell your DD she has a great start and hope to see more
Thanks for playing along the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky
Hugs
Brenda, DTM

Anonymous said...

soooo pretty

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

Your card is really cute!


Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy!

Doreen said...

Love the shape of this card.xxx

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww such a cute card, image is great..

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Huggies Angel

Tamara Morton said...

Congratulations on your guest designer spot. Wonderful card and colours
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic
Hugs
Tamar a

sallysbitz2 said...

Well done on your DT post, well deserved luv x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Made by Mandy said...

Congratulations on your Guest DT spot. Love your cute egg shaped card and that image is lovely. Well done to your daughter for colouring it for you. It probably helped to have a break from the studying for a while.

Many thanks for joining in with our Easter challenge at AI Factory.

Mandy (DT member for AI Factory Challenge)

Fleur said...

Oh this is just so cute.
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Cute card! Thanks for naming me in your recent post award, but I've stopped doing those awards. Someone always gets left out and I hate to see blogs that I love not get mentioned and know it's just an oversight. Thank you, but I'll just acknowledge that I see tons and tons of great blogs all the time!

Kathy said...

How cute is this! Love the little chick in the egg. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

Kathy said...

This is so darn cute, I just love it. Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky
Hugs,
Kathy
Getting Cricky DTM

Jill said...

What a sweet little chick, lovely Easter card! Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

Shirley-Anne said...

Congrats from me too
Love the superb colouring and different shaped card well done

kim.mom said...

TOO CUTE!!!! Love the shape and the sparkle!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Super sweet card loving your colouring medium and the background looks excellent ...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Michelle said...

Congrats on your GDT spot! Fab card with a great shape. Great idea to get your daughter to colour your image and a fantastic team work. :-)
thanks for joining us for the Ellephantastic challenge this month.
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous card Leanne and a great joint effort between you and your daughter. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Lesley said...

Awww this is very sweet! Thanks for taking part in the SFC xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WoW!! Great card, just love the shape its fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

SUGANTHI said...

Your daughter has done a great job. You should be proud of her. Beautiful card Leanne.

JanR said...

Very nice! Thanks for joining us at AiFactory!

JanR - AiF dt

Leanne said...

Super card Leanne, thanks for playing with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Beccy said...

Ahhhhhh how cute, well done for getting a guest designer spot.

Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful.
Beccy x

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Super cute!

Thank you for trying out a new technique this week and sharing it with us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Collette said...

Very sweet card - Congratulations on the Guest Designer stint! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Stamps R Us this week.

Debbie said...

Adorable!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations

Hugs
Debbie

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, soooo cute! Thanks for raising a smile at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Mina said...

congratulations on your Guest DT spot Leanne, your card is so so cute
Mina xxx

keshapooh said...

very pretty card. The coloring is very good. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower from the love link up party.

lovemypaper said...

Hi, new follower from the love link up party. Your easter card is so cute.

Crafting Gill said...

Lovley card thanks for joining SFC good luck

Gill xx

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi, I'm just popping in to meet you. I'm a new follower and I'm here on the Love Link Up Party from K Andrews.Have a great day and a Happy Easter. Hope to see you over at mine!
Hugs from Gold Coast, Australia
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for popping in to OLL to share it with us. Hugs x

Unknown said...

congrats on your guest designer spot. Coming to you from link up party.

thanks for stopping by my blog.

http://sillyp4jc.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Absolutely precious!
Thank you so much for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge.

All the Cricky Best,
K Andrew

Helen Laurence said...

wow what a fabulous shaped card. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this month. Hugs Helen x x

sammi said...

Adorable card! This shape is perfect for Easter! Thanks for playing along with us at Ooh La La.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Congrats!!! How great that your DD is talented too :>) The little banner sentiment is so cute and the coloring is wonderful!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Your cards is so adorable!

I'm hopping through the Love Link Up Party and am now a follower.

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Your cards is so adorable!

I'm hopping through the Love Link Up Party and am now a follower.

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

Adorable!!!
Thanks for joined us for the Easter challenge at AiFactory this week.