At last here’s the post that was delayed so long as I kept putting it off for another day.
Although, I’m an Aquarian, I considered Feb. to be an unlucky month as there have been many deaths in the family that month including that of my sister. Also, my major health problems began in Feb. However, this Feb I was blessed through blogging.
To start with, I have so many new friends, some with who the friendship has grown.
I was featured on ggcaa blog HERE & invited to be a contributor.
I won a challenge at Quirky Crafts & was offered the post of a Guest Designer HERE
I won two blog giveaways (the only way for me to get crafting goodies as none are available here)
I was honored with…
The ‘Stylish Blogger Award’ by Michelle Gissel
The ‘Liebster Blog Award’ by Sally Bownes
The ‘Versatile Blogger Award’ by Susan Zuzarte and Helen Heng Liu
was tagged to play ‘The Rule of Fours’ by Julie Elak
It feels good to receive recognition from fellow crafters.
Thanks Michelle, Sally, Susan, Helen & Julie, for remembering me and my apologies for taking so long to pass this on…Better late, than never
Who do I pass this on to now??? So many blogging friends!!!!! Well
Here’s my ‘Stylish Blogger Award’ from Michelle
To receive this award the rules to be followed are:
Step 1 - Make a post linking back to the person who gave you the award.
Step 2 - Share 8 random things about you.
Step 3 – Award 8 recently discovered bloggers with this award.
Step 4 – Contact these bloggers and tell them they have won the award.
So, the 8 things about me are ...
1. I’m a last minute crafter. (Planning never works out and things seem to turn out much better at the last minute)
1. I’m a last minute crafter. (Planning never works out and things seem to turn out much better at the last minute)
2. I can never start and finish one project at a time. I start two or more and end up completing the last first. (Umm… I have started three)
3. What I don’t enjoy much about blogging is writing the posts.
4. I became an aunt at the age of eleven. (I got bugged with all who teased me ‘auntie’ then)
5. I also met my husband the first time when I was eleven. LOL. (Luckily before I became an aunt)
6. After graduation, I worked as an ICCU nurse for only five years, then, got married & been home for 17yrs.
7. I suffer from painful varicose veins. (One of the reason’s why I can’t get back to my career. I miss it a lot.)
8. I wouldn’t mind changing my profession to any other which is medical related or ??? But never ever to that of a teacher.
(2) Tammy http://tamminniesdesigns.blogspot.com/
(3) Monica http://www.giddygreetings.com/
(4) Brenda http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com/
(5) Dr. Sonia http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com/
P.S. Who said only ladies craft? Kids & men craft too!! Do visit the three below. You’ll surely be impressed.
(6) Tristan (8 yr old) http://tristans-time-4-craftin.blogspot.com
(7) Elena (12 yr old) http://elenascraftycorner.blogspot.com/
(8) Kevin http://mccraftys-cards.blogspot.com/
.......................................................................................................
Here’s my ‘Liebster Blog Award’ from Sally
In accepting this award I have to agree to the following conditions:
1) Create a post on your blog and post the award.
2) Link back to the person who gave you the award and say if you accept.
3) Choose 3-5 of your favorite blogs to tag, link these in your post too and tell the lucky people they have won the award.
As the aim of this award is to bring unknown good blogs to light, please don't tag somebody with 3000 followers.
I have picked 5 bloggers for this award. They are :
(1) Susan http://zuzart.blogspot.com/
(2) Kristel http://www.gettingcricky.com/
(3) Amy http://www.scrappingmommy.com/
(5) Helen http://helenmade.blogspot.com/
.......................................................................................................
1. Thank the person who sent you this award. 2. List 7 things about yourself. 3. Send this to 15 bloggers
A few additional facts to the 8 I already shared above.
1 . I cannot do any work craft or cook unless the place is neat & tidy. 2. I have the habit of twisting & twirling some strands of my hair with the index finger of my left hand especially when I’m concentrating.
3. If I laugh a lot, I begin to cry (tears just keep rolling down my cheeks)
4. I feel woozy even with an ounce of sweet wine
5. I like to sing. I sing altos in the church choir.
As the name of the award goes, here are 15 ‘versatile’ bloggers...
(1) Julie http://lastminutecrafter.blogspot.com/
(2) Michelle http://michelle-pinkpaperparadise.blogspot.com/
(3) Amy Jo http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
(4) Erum http://vibgyorkrafts.blogspot.com/
(5) Suganthi http://papercraftss.blogspot.com/
(7) Barbara http://whimcees.blogspot.com
(8) Barbara http://u-inspire-me.blogspot.com/
(9) Yvonne http://paperflourish.blogspot.com/
(10) Linda http://pinksandlilacs.blogspot.com
(11) Mrs.A http://itsanalienlife.blogspot.com/
(13) Leah Ann http://thehoosierstamperleahanngast.blogspot.com/
(14) Doreen http://doreensdream.blogspot.com/
(15) Terri http://triesmakingcards.blogspot.com/
.......................................................................................................
Finally, here’s the List of Fours, with which I was tagged by Julie to play along
4 Shows you watch
( I seldom watch telly, but at the same time never miss the following if they're on)
American Idol
Mr.Bean
Whose Line is it Anyway
Mind your Language
4 Things you are passionate about
My family
Crafting
Blogging
The old & sick
4 Words/phrases you say a lot
"Please"
"Oh no!"
"Keep quiet!"
"Stop it!"
4 Things you've learned about the past
Life isn’t always a bed of roses.
Speak less, hear more. Do what you love to do, not what others want you to do. Do your best, trust in God and leave the rest to HIM.
4 Places you would like to go
Canada
Rome
Jerusalem
Australia
4 Things you did yesterday
Made a card for my GD post at Quirky Crafts
Cooked Chinese food (chilly chicken & noodles)
Watched the American Idol repeat of the top 11 perform, as I’d missed it. I got this post ready.
Crafting
Blogging
The old & sick
4 Words/phrases you say a lot
"Please"
"Oh no!"
"Keep quiet!"
"Stop it!"
4 Things you've learned about the past
Life isn’t always a bed of roses.
Speak less, hear more. Do what you love to do, not what others want you to do. Do your best, trust in God and leave the rest to HIM.
4 Places you would like to go
4 Things you did yesterday
Made a card for my GD post at Quirky Crafts
Cooked Chinese food (chilly chicken & noodles)
Watched the American Idol repeat of the top 11 perform, as I’d missed it. I got this post ready.
4 Things you are looking forward to
Kids summer vacation
Visiting my parents inGoa Adding to my few crafting goodies through giveaways ;) Migrating from here someday. God willing.
Kids summer vacation
Visiting my parents in
4 Things you love about spring
(I just wish it would last longer. Summer is the longest here)
The blossoms
Birds chirping/twitterpating at my window
The pleasant weather
Time to sow something new.
Tag 4 people to play along
Christi http://christi-hicks.blogspot.com/
Birds chirping/twitterpating at my window
The pleasant weather
Time to sow something new.
Tag 4 people to play along
Christi http://christi-hicks.blogspot.com/
.......................................................................................................
Besides sharing facts about me, I have listed 32 blogs here. I hope you’ll will visit them and take the time to pass the torch on at your leisure. (But, try not to do as I did. I delayed, had four to pass on in one go & had a tough time trying to figure out who to pass it on to as per the rules, etc.)
Here’s a quick & simple card just for you my friends (not 4 challenges) to say……
I really do appreciate your visits & lovely comments, without which, my blog would have been a lonely place.
I end this long post with an invitation to ‘MASTERCRAFT’ our krafty family blog of which I’m the administrator. I hope you become my friends there too, though I have no candy to offer, but just inspiration & more as time goes by. It would be very much appreciated if you would also mention the new blog when you post your award.
Thanks once again & have a wonderful day.
Leanne




24 comments:
I see my name ! thank you so very much Leanne.
Wow, thank you so very much. I am honored you think my blog is stylish
Thanks for the sweet comment about my mom's wreath. She will enjoy reading it
Hugs
Brenda
You deserve all the awards! thanks for passing it to me.
Thank you so much Leanne for thinking of me....So sweet! Congrats on all the awards.
Smiles...Tammy
Thanks a ton for considering me worthy of an award! Glad to know you a little better! Congrats on winning the giveaways!
Hey, thanks for this and congrats on all your awards,
Liz x
Thankyou soooo much Leanne for the blog award x
I shall upload on my blog at some point this week x
hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com
Thank you Leanne for thinking of me I am so honored.xxx
Hello!
Thank you so much for thinking of me! I am so late in visiting you and I am looking at all of your latest lovely creations!
Wishing you a great week!
Hugs,
Barbara Diane
I played along, thanks for thinking of me. I enjoyed reading all your answers.
http://christi-hicks.blogspot.com/2011/04/list-of-fours.html
Thank you for the Versatile Blog Award...Big Hugs! to you :O) Leah Ann
Leanne,
Thank you so much, sweetheart, for the award! I am sooooo proud and so happy and blessed to have met you through this wonderful blogging world. I appreciate this very, very much and will post all about it on my blog tomorrow. You have made my day end on the perfect note. :) Thank you for that.
Hugs and more Hugs!
XO ~ Amy Jo (follower - FCCB DT - and friend)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
Congrats on your lovely awards and thanks for passing one onto me.
Hugs Linda
Thanks Leanne ,
I shall post my favorite four asap.
its nice to know about fellow crafters.
Awwwww... thanks so much for thinking of me Leanne! I do appreciate it :)
Also, I wanted to let you know that your candy was shipped yesterday (April 11). I hope it's not too long until you get it! Last week I had to go out of town on an unexpected trip... but your package is happily on it's way :)
Lots and lots of love to you~
Lori
Thank for the blogger award. You can see my post here:
http://u-inspire-me.blogspot.com/2011/04/special-award.html
hi Leanne,
THANKS SO MUCH for the award, I so appreciate it and will be posting it very soon.
Hope you are having a good week.
cheers,
Susan
You do deserve all these awards Leanne, Thank you so much for thinking of me, I did see your comment the other day, but life has been getting in the way for me, but I am here now, Thank you again, you are to kind.
Kevin xx
You are so sweet! It is always fun to learn a little something more about one another outside of crafting. Thank you :>)
Thanks so much for mentioning me under your recently discovered bloggers section. I'm sorry I didn't visit sooner but my computer is in the repair shop. Thank you for visiting my blog and your really sweet comment. Thanks Leanne! hugz, Elena
Thank you so much my dear! That was so sweet of you to think of me! I am so honored! I hope you are doing well! Have a happy and blessed Easter Weekend! ~Tammy~
Hi Leanne
Thank you for the award. You are so kind to think of me.
I am sorry to see that I had not left a message here for you earlier. Thought I had done so.
I am currently using a very old laptop and it is sooo very slow that it makes commenting a terribly slow excercise.
Kindest regards
Michelle :-)
Congrats on all of your awards. You deserve them! Thank you for awarding me with one, I appreciate it. And welcome to the "green team" on http://www.ggcaa.com
Monica
Hi Leanne,
this is your slack and lazy friend here who has at last posted the award on my blog. It takes alot of effort to put these posts together and I truly appreciate the award.It's encouragement and recognition like this that keeps me crafting so again thanks so much and don't fry in Karachi's heat. The first thing I normally do when I go back to Karachi is eat those delicious mangoes :) :)
Post a Comment