"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Happy Birthday Niece!

Hi!
      How time flies!!! It's the third weekend of March and my first post for the month!! Tooooo bad!! This time, the card is to wish my niece, Helga. Helga had sent me some pretty papers for crafting from India and I wanted to make her a card using those papers. Fortunately, I didn't have to think much as to what to make as I found the following challenges:
Card Patterns - Sketch
The Shabby Tearoom - Color Inspiration
Getting Cricky with K.Andrew - All a Flutter
And this is the card I made ...


      To complete the requirements for the challenges mentioned above, I added a circle with a scallop border (drawn & cut), dry embossed some flowers using a kiddie stencil and lightly shaded the edge with chalk pastels. The  accordion fold butterfly was made using gift wrap paper and added glitter on the folds. The rose and rose buds were quilled, ferns punched and the sentiment printed.
I'm also entering this into the following challenges: 
Papertake Weekly Challenge - 3 of something (flowers,papers)
Top Tip Tuesday - Birthday
PaperPlay Challenges - Embossing

41 comments:

whoistracy said...

So sweet! Love the pastel colors here. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY!!~

SUGANTHI said...

very sweet one Leanne! I am sure your niece will be thrilled.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Baizit!!
Love the butterfly and Kaitlyn is planning on doing the same.

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR DT and Simon Says DT

Sudha said...

Its so pretty dear.

anja curvers said...

Pretty, pretty, thank you for joining us at cardpatterns.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a fabulous butterfly! How did you ever figure out how to cut it out and fold it just so???

Angie said...

fab card i love your folded butterfly thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Helen said...

Love the butterfly! and of course the roses are beautiful!

Dawnll said...

How sweet- love those yummy papers- bet she will love it!

Anonymous said...

This butterfly is amazing. And I love the toch of the roses. Thanks for playing along this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

Christina said...

That is a wonderful card Leanne! Looks so great!
Hugs Kristel

Patricia Mae said...

Very pretty love the flowers, thanks so much for joining us in our Flower Challenge at Southern Girls. I hope to see you again.
~Patricia

Deb Mitchell said...

Just Beautiful- so so cute! Thank youo for joining us at Southern Girls

Hugz, Deb

sallysbitz2 said...

Lovely card Leanne x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

PS ... pop on over to my blog, I have an award for you to pick up there x

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

Mina said...

brilliant card Leanne...perfect for a girl
Mina xxx

Mervi said...

So lovely card!
Thank you for taking part in my aprillia candy, good luck;-))m

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers. Thanks for sharing your talent at Southern Girls.
Alicia xx

Beate said...

That butterfly is gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your creation is amazing, wonderful colors. Thanks so much for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

Hugs
Heike

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card! Your butterfly is so pretty (and clever!) and love your papers too :o) Lisa x

Silke Ledlow said...

Leanne, your butterfly card is so pretty! How fun and creative to make this butterfly our of gift wrap paper...love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the FTTC! Hugs ~S~

Wiccababe said...

Hi Leanne,
fabulous card, must've taken ages with all those different techniques
Debbi
xx

Sudha said...

Thanku dear for ur sweet comment on my blog dear.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, I love the butterfly and the pretty pastel papers.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Happy Birthday challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet card. I love your embossing. Thanks for playing along at Paper Play this week.
Alicia xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee,
I have never seen a pleated butterfly like this--it is very unique and just charming. I love to see people make their own embellishments.
I think you need to do a tutorial on this--it looks soo professional, like something you would see on Etsy.
Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge.

All the Cricky Best,
K Andrew

suzARTe said...

hi Leanne,
there is a little something for you on my blog, come visit when you get the chance.

Erum Tasneem said...

This is so pretty! Love the papers!
P.S: I remember my promise. I am just lazy.

~Tammy~ said...

I love your unique accordion fold butterfly. Gift wrap that is genius! I know your niece loved it!!!

Dawnll said...

Wanted to thank you for entering my candy giveaway- but most of all for sharing on your sidebar.
Good Luck sweetie!

Helen said...

Hi Leanne,

I have an award for you on my blog.

Chelsea said...

Very beautiful and elegant card. Great colors.
Love,
Chelsea

C said...

Leanne, your card is beautiful. Thanks so much for following my blog!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful and unique, thanks for sharing!

hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-kit-preview-day.html

Tracey said...

This is so pretty, I love the pleated butterfly!
Hugs
Tracey
x

tiffany jewelry said...

I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.

the cricutologist said...

I love that butterfly!!!! Amazing! I'd love to make one! Thanks for following my blog! I'm following you too!

Ashley said...

LOVE the butterfly... so pretty!Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! Best of luck! I too am happy to be your newest follower! TFS!

♥Ashley