Hello friends,
I'm part of the 'CASE It' IG Hop today. I was short on time to craft and wanted to make something quick. I knew the spotlight colouring would be the best option, as I hadn't done it before and happened to find a card made by Hannelie Bester using this technique. The colours were inspired by the Altenew challenge.
Products used:
#altenew (Embroidery Motif image & sentiment), #rangerinks (distress), #justrite (Vintage Labels die) & gems
For the arched background, I made a stencil using plastic coated paper from a handout, by die cutting the top with a die from my stash. I just felt that a scalloped arch would perfectly tie in with the motif design. Next, I ink blended, added spatters and stamped the image. The sentiment was stamped and the strip was mounted on additional ones for dimension. Finally, I added gems to cover the few spots with spatters, but as those covered spots did not create a sense of balance, I ended up with more than I would normally add.
Challenges entered:
#pammiesinkypinkies - anything goes
#paperfunday - anything goes
#wordartwednesday - anything goes
Have a beautiful Sunday.
Leanne
4 comments:
Very creative and pretty!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Double D Co-Owner
Wow!! I love the way this is one layer! it makes the stamp pop!
What a fabulous card Leeanne - Love the shape of the sponged background, and it does pair so well with the stamp. A beautiful result
Blessings
Maxine
This is a beautiful card, Leanne! I really like the image on the front of the stencil background. The little gems make it extra special too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!
Post a Comment