"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

Stencilled Tree

Hello Friends,

Here's another Christmas card I'd made last year and never shared. It was inspired by Kristina Werner. I recall seeing a card she made using a swirly tree stencil, and I tried to CASE her card using a non-Christmas stencil. 




Products used:
#inkylicious (Spiral Swirl stencil), #rangerdistressink (Lost Shadow for background & Mowed Lawn for tree), #ginak (star stamp), #catherinepoolerink (Tiki Torch for star) #heroarts (snowflakes stamp), #tsuknekobrillianceink (Platinum Planet for snowflakes) & white poster paint splatters.

A quarter of the panel was masked, and the rest was ink-blended. Using a self-made stencil mask, some snow dunes were added on the panel. Just beneath the masked portion, the 'Merry' sentiment was stamped and extended with swirls on either side. Inspired by the swirly tree stencil, I used the 'Spiral Swirl' stencil to attain the same effect by flipping the stencil over, then cut it into a triangle & adhered it on the panel after cutting the tree base to fit the swirly sentiment extension. Finished off with a stamped star, snowflakes and white paint splatters.   

Challenges entered:
#BYSHC - anything Christmas
#abcchristmas - non-Christmas stash stencil
#sssmonday - own background
#peaceonearth - anything Christmas
#timeout - inspired by the traditional 'O Christmas Tree'


Have a great day.
Leanne

10 comments:

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Pretty card, Leanne! I love the design on the tree! Thanks for sharing with the Christmas in July {BYSHC} Linky Party!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful card and great technique! The tree looks fabulous against the white background. Thanks so much for sharing at Time Out Challenge:)

Karen Letchworth said...

Such a wonderful design. I love this sweet Christmas card. Thanks for sharing it in the BYSHC Linky Party.

kiwimeskreations said...

This is amazing, Leanne - love how you have used a stencil to create the tree image, and the extended twirls on the sentiment are perfect
Blessings
Maxine

Jacinda said...

This is amazing. I love the design of this card. Thank you for playing along at BYSHC Christmas in July Linky Party.

Lynda said...

This is great - the use of the stencil - the swirly look - is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

gail said...

the swirl - the pop of color - so nice

Helen said...

So pretty! I love the look of that stencil Christmas tree! It has real movement and such a happy green! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges!

Diane said...

Beautifully created holiday card!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Helen said...

Fab card - love the stencilled tree!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x