"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

String Art on a Die-cut

Hello!!
    Happy New Year to you all. Hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I had a busy time doing all sorts that although I had projects done and pictured I just had no time to blog. Hope to get on track soon and be more active here once again. 
    Sharing a card I made last month for a couple who celebrated their silver jubilee. The current PTI-MIM challenge is...A La Carte, requiring to feature one of the 34 MIM techniques. As this card was apt for Amy Sheffer's string art using die-cuts, I decided to join the challenge. So here goes my first post for 2017 and apologies for the poor picture quality.


  
Supplies used:
Papertrey Ink-Heart Stitches die
                       Wonderful words die
MFT-Number symbols die-namics
silver thread
silver acrylic paint
silver card paper (recycled chocolate box)
    The heart shape was die-cut and sewed around using the buttonhole stitch. Next, another heart shape was die-cut onto a card panel. Using silver paint, the edges of the white card base and the portion that would be seen through the heart on the panel, were painted in silver. The panel and the stitched heart were lightly covered with paint splatters. In an attempt to paint the outer edge (showing the core) of the panel, an accidental streak of paint, led to additional streaks all over (except the hearts), to appear like silk threads used in handmade paper. Finally, the card was put together by adhering in this order…the die cut 25 on the heart, the stitched heart overlapping the one on the panel, the panel itself and then the sentiment die.  
I’m entering this card into challenges at…
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/make-it-monday - inspiration (MIM#255)
http://daranddiane.blogspot.co.uk - anniversary
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ch - anything goes
http://www.dare2bartzy.com/wp - something new (dies & technique)
Will visit you soon. Have a wonderful weekend.
Leanne.

13 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Leanne! Your stitching is gorgeous and this card makes me think "Shabby Chic"! Love it!! :0)

Cindy said...

Nice card! So happy you shared it on the Dare 2B Artzy Challenge!

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Leanne, such a fabulous design - so elegant.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

What a sweet card. I love the simple design with the white & silver accents. The stitching around the heart really is just the right finishing touch. Really lovely.

Darlene said...

WOW! Great job! Looks awesome! I've been seeing more & more of this string art around blogland ... guess I'm going to have to give it a try! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful anniversary card. Thanks for joining us in our Double D Anniversary Challenge. We hope you will join us often.
Kathy
DD DT

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Leanne - your idea to use the holes in the die cut to buttonhole stitch through is wonderful. Love your wee story about creating the silk slubs - very creative use of the streak!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the pretty heart and the silver!! It's so elegant and beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Amelia Breytenbach said...

So beautiful in every way. Lovely design detail with the hearts and stitching. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

MaryH said...

What a unique way to use these pretty hearts with that tiny blanket stitching around the hearts. It's a very clever design to utilize the little holes in the die to add such a hand-done embellishment. Love the glitz of the year motif, and this will be very special to anniversary couple. TFS & Happy New Year too.

Dr Sonia S V said...

So elegant and beautiful Leanne....I do love hearts!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautiful is that hand stitching on your card! Just gorgeous!!!

suzARTe said...

Such an elegant and striking card.
Thanks so much for sharing your creation at

the October 2018 Anything goes link-up at Just Keep On Creating.