"Just hit the 'MY GALLERY' tab (sidebar) to view all my linked creations in one place!"

A Single Rose

Hi!
    Happy Monday to you all. I was bored at work a few days ago, just felt like drawing...so got a picture of a rose online, drew it and then painted it. Today, I used the image to make this card. Inspiration for the sketch and background are from the challenge images linked below.

Supplies used:
water-colour paper
Lefranc & Bourgeois pan water-colours
Papertrey Ink-Cover Plate Delightful Die (section of cut die used as frame)
Ranger-distress ink-Barn door (around the frame edge)
Recollections dimensional sticker (sentiment)
ribbon from stash
I'm entering this card into challenges at...
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - birthday
            
Thanks for visiting. Hope to be back soon.
Leanne

11 comments:

MaryH said...

A beautiful rose, & I'm so impressed this is your own art! What a wonderful pink you've manage to color this rose, and I'm loving the mottling in the green background. Nice shape for the die cut. You do great work when you're bored!!! TFS

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the pretty flower and the green background!! It looks amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Heather said...

Beautiful! And an absolutely stunning rose, it is definitely the star of this show. : ) Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are so talented- this rose is just gorgeous! I love your card and how beautifully you have painted this rose. Love this card- you are blessed my dear!

kiwimeskreations said...

Leeanne this is beautiful - love the background of your image with the mottled greens, and then the red edge.
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

A super creation for our 7th Birthday celebrations, many thanks for joining the party at Allsorts challenge.

In case I've not mentioned before, there are more Tattered Lace goodies to be won here

B x

Michelle said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Leanne, you are very clever.
Pauline
x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, lovely rose.
Thank you for celebrating our birthday challenge over at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

suzARTe said...

You have done such a great job with drawing the rose. It's great that when we find something interesting to get us through a bored day at work. The rose looks very pretty on the green background.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx