I guess everyone is busy enjoying the weekend as I've not had anyone comment comment after yesterday's post. In that post I mentioned a blogger problem I'm facing and was wondering if my posts appear in the dashboard reading list or not. Today, I completed a card, the image for which was made a month ago.
colour card stock
watercolour paper
Dreamweaver Stencil-Spider Mums
Ranger Distress Ink (for background)
Camlin Pearlacent Acrilic paints (for image)
Spellbinders-Banner Basics III (for the edges)
Taylored Expressions-Embrace Beauty (sentiment)
Ranger-Silver embossing powder
silver paper recycled chocolate box
vellum
I did the stenciling using acrylic paints and a normal paintbrush. Added the background very carefully using the smooshing technique &and also the paintbrush closer to the image. Added the die cut edges, the embossed vellum sentiment and three tiny silver circles which were negatives of the banner die.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges...
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge - flowers
http://sharejoychallenge.blogspot.com - tic tac toe (flowers-stencil-vellum)
http://yournextstamp.com/blog/sketch-and-color-challenge-37 - colour

Kindly read yesterday's post to let me know if you have any solutions to my blogger problem.
Thanks for visiting.
Leanne

10 comments:
This is stunning. Your stenciling in this pretty D/weaver design is just perfect and love the color choices for the flowers. The smooshing background certainly compliments the stenciled colors and love the way you've added the sentiment on vellum, since it doesn't cover any of your lovely work. This is just one very pretty card & I'll be looking up my stash of these stencils. May have this one,and will be CASing you if I can find it. Will read your earlier post....blogger has done some strange things lately. TFS & Hgus
This is a wonderful card! I really like the elegant look of all those beautiful swirls and curls and found the color palette to be especially refreshing. This card would be universally appealing for so many recipients and I really enjoyed seeing what you'd done to create it. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
This is so beautiful!! I love the design and the gorgeous colors!! What a fabulous card!! I got your update today but I didn't get the other two so I hope you have your blog issue figured out. Blogger can be a huge pain sometimes. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
This is a pretty card Leanne, a fabulous background and pretty flowers.
Pauline
x
Gorgeous stenciling! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for this week's Share Joy Challenge!
Very pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!!
A lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Your Next Stamp!
Clever work on this creation .Love the design with stencil.
Great stencil card! Love the colours! Thank you for joining us at Your Next Stamp!
The stenciling on this card is really pretty, I love the colours you have used.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx
Post a Comment