Pearlised cardstock was used for this 50th birthday card. The square is a piece of gold coir (coconut husk) handmade paper. The ‘50' was cut out from pearlised gold cardstock and fixed with foam tape. Gold flower sequins were used to decorate the rest of it.
Hey Lea ... awesome cards !! you really good at this, I love making cards too,but havnt been recently, its a real art.. Congrats !! and keep it up !!..loved your BLOG !! thanks for sharing :D.. God Bless !!
Love the coir paper you've used. Adds a very interesting texture.
Thank you for visiting my blog.... and yes, one more thing.. I understand that craft material is very difficult to get out there. Make the best use of local material and learn lots of techniques. Visit the Splitcoast Stampers (SCS) website if you aren't doing it already. I used to do it a lot (still do) when I had no access to material. And scour shops in your city for lace and such material... our countries have a treasure trove of these :-)
And, maybe you should visit the blog of someone from your city... E.T's blog, VIBGYOR Krafts, is listed on my blog roll.
Awesome card! With talent like yours you really should consider entering some of your projects over at the Papercraft Star! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com. All the challenges are provided way in advance so that you have plenty of time to enter and there are great prizes to win as well!
11 comments:
Hey Lea ... awesome cards !! you really good at this, I love making cards too,but havnt been recently, its a real art.. Congrats !! and keep it up !!..loved your BLOG !! thanks for sharing :D.. God Bless !!
The husk paper looks really nice. Great card!
simple and nice!!
Thanks for all the encouragement Sandra,Monica& Helga.
thanks for stopping by my blog.. love the bags you made.. hope to see how you made them.. :)
Hi Leanne
Thank you for dropping by my blog and following. Wow! You have some amazing cards here... so much detail and so original.
I've signed up as a follower.
Love the coir paper you've used. Adds a very interesting texture.
Thank you for visiting my blog.... and yes, one more thing.. I understand that craft material is very difficult to get out there. Make the best use of local material and learn lots of techniques. Visit the Splitcoast Stampers (SCS) website if you aren't doing it already. I used to do it a lot (still do) when I had no access to material. And scour shops in your city for lace and such material... our countries have a treasure trove of these :-)
And, maybe you should visit the blog of someone from your city... E.T's blog, VIBGYOR Krafts, is listed on my blog roll.
Hugs,
Smita
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog too heene,Yvonne & Smitha and for the kind comments. I'll certainly check out SCS.
such a beautiful and simple card. I have sent you an email Leanne, I am from Karachi as well and so happy that you have come across my blog.
Awesome card! With talent like yours you really should consider entering some of your projects over at the Papercraft Star! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com. All the challenges are provided way in advance so that you have plenty of time to enter and there are great prizes to win as well!
I love that husk paper. It really gives the card a nice look.
Post a Comment